A Mage Reborn, Book Two (WIP) - UPDATED August 7th | Book One Released!

You also need to help Ilya with the patients to actually choose it

2 Likes

I think this transition feels a bit rough.

Summary

Also game freezed after the ā€œghost flashbackā€. At the point where it have to move to the end screen I think.

11 Likes

This should all be fixed now! This segment has more lateral variety than any other point in the game, and I had a heck of a time untangling all the intersecting possibilities. Thanks for the catch!

The infinite loading issue should also be resolved (if you got one right after Augurā€™s act, then congrats / sorry! Thatā€™s the end of the current demo, and thereā€™s no need to fire up your old save to see what comes next yet).

It has now been completed, albeit probably a little buggy still in places. But my beta testers are on the case!

If you know me at all, you know I have no mercy at all for my player characters. x)

Book 2 (aka the Arcadia chapter) will almost entirely focus on this aspect, so I hope youā€™re ready for more loredumping in future updates!

Fixed, thank you for the catch!

You can only select the option if you opted for the Enchantment / Alchemy routes in the previous fork. That being said, there is a very high statcheck (>80) that youā€™ll have to clear to get the good end of that choice (which is also the best possible end for the plague segment). Failing it will fittingly result in the worst possible end, so choose wisely!

With how high the stat check is, this is likely to be the case unless youā€™re good with failing other stat checks elsewhere in the game!

Thanks for the heads-up! There should definitely be a page break there (which Iā€™ve added), and the final version will also have a header thrown in for good measure!

19 Likes

Thanks for the info. I went the Learned fork option before because I thought it didnā€™t affect that choice, so thatā€™s why I couldnā€™t choose it.

2 Likes

@Parivir Hey was playing through the new update but I think Iā€™ve spotted an error? Just wanted to make sure.

Error / Possible spolier (I think)

`

3 Likes

Didnā€™t get a chance to read yet because of overnight shift, but CONGRATS! Get yourself something nice! This is early early Christmas! :heart_eyes: Thank you Santaā€” I mean, @Parivir :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

I messed up the quote somehow, oops, hope it makes sense anyway edit: nvm Iā€™m dumb

Iā€™m 99% certain I got the best possible outcome and my stats look like thisā€¦ maybe I misunderstood the requirements, mb if so

@Mercz94 if Iā€™m not mistaken the best possible outcome is saving everyone and if what parvir has said is the case then it shouldnā€™t be possible for you to get the best outcome based on your stats you showed.

@Parivir One thing I noticed is during the Baron fight scene, it says we used Moranaā€™s Wail but it is not updated in magical codex(I had not used it before)

Edit: Itā€™s now visible , sorry for disturbing

1 Like

possibly spoiler I know (and feel free to not answer this!) , but would there gonna be a POV or reaction of the character after they got that letter?

Esp if the character is the past romanceā€¦ adding more spice to it, aha!

13 Likes

The pronouns for Flyss, Eli are wrong in one section while exploring the crypt.

idk if its already mentioned but after the plague has been dealt with. its treating it as if we blew the cave up even if i chose to do a waterwym

9 Likes

Erm I took the ā€œTruth Serumā€- Route in the Plague Chapter and after the talk it followed up with the Spirit Gate branchā€¦ pretty sure that isnā€™t supposed to happen.

Ah, yeah some people definitely died, rip. I assumed some loss was inevitable tbh

3 Likes

I canā€™t get past the point where the powers are saved. Do I have to start the demo over?

4 Likes

I think that might be the end of the demo or something if youā€™re referring to the screen after ā€œand now we waitā€ cause Iā€™ve gotten stuck there twice now lol.

7 Likes

Me too. Iā€™m wondering if the current update ends there

5 Likes

It does

3 Likes

This might be the best thing Iā€™ve read in a long time :+1:t4:

5 Likes

Oh, no ! Eliā€¦what did you do? please not another parasite, hasnā€™t poor mc got enough of those already? At least I think I get why the mc may need to use a weapon from here on out if the other parasite weakens them even further magically. :worried:

2 Likes