A Mage Reborn, Book Two (WIP) - UPDATED August 7th | Book One Released!

I mean, having alternative ends where you don’t die but the story ends at book 1 would be… like reverse bad endings, I could get into it :rofl: It would confuse a lot of people

1 Like

But then those people would feel a disconnect from the rest of the story :grimacing:

Also completely unrelated: Saine is like the little brother I never got to have and I have always loved him :face_holding_back_tears:

1 Like

Follow this thread for when the demo for book II is out again. There is a quite a lot of the story to enjoy.

5 Likes

I haven’t able to play the game yet but how different is it from the WIP?

Also, how much longer does the game go on for from when the WIP demo ended?

2 Likes

The game is shorter than the WIP, it ends at the exoneration scene, the entire Arcadia section isn’t there and is going to be part of the second game

11 Likes

Oh, I definitely will. I’m quite invested now. I’m guessing that book 2 will introduce the new romances like Eli? I’m hoping Book 2 is longer though.

7 Likes

Yes. Three new (including them)
And yes it will be longer

6 Likes

Wait, it will be longer? I could’ve sworn I heard it mentioned that it was gonna be 150,000, but I could be wrong

1 Like

I can’t remember now but the author said it was maybe halfway done somewhere on patreon or tumblr? I forgot now
Edit: oh ok found it

12 Likes

Since the ending is fixed, I had hoped that the epilogue would be more personal. When one of my noble mc told ilya to make up with leon, Ilya could have remembered mc’s words and realzied what my mc meant in the end. A few sentences on this after she cracks the code. And also the letter part could havebeen elaborated on. Their reactions when they see the letter, I think encompasses only one line. I feel the ending us a bit more detached and gives us the general reaction of the characters. The talk with ilya in dungeon could have influenced the way she reacted now she realized the weight of mc’s words.

4 Likes

Although I agree it would’ve been nice to see some of that in the epilogue, I’m pretty sure it’s going to appear in the second game

8 Likes

I hope so. I sent a letter to saine and I hope when I reunite with them they will mention it or at least let us see that they still have it.

And i think i had spiritsm at 63 and still suceeded at saving them. Yes If you go with thaum I dont think the next mission can be executed perfectly. But I also like how ilya always warns about this, like accept the reality that you cant save everyone and focus on saving those who can be saved.

2 Likes

You basically have to specialize in Thaum to save all the kids, or use Spirit Gate—sneaking the children out, not calling for reinforcements. Thaum requires at least 75% to be completely successful, which is only possible at that point by specializing.

Or enchantment. Not everyone can be saved from the plague, but succeeding in enchantment or alchemy will allow you to save as many as possible. You also need to be playing a noble MC, and choose the option to save everyone no matter what.

6 Likes

Yeah, the letter is almost definitely going to come into play somewhere, think it was actually suggested by a fan

1 Like

Didnt realize that the beggining IS THE END, I sent my letter to Aunt and promising her that my MC “will go home soon”. welp, I may just break her heart the second time…

15 Likes

How do you get found family achievement?

2 Likes

During the day off after you save the kids, talk to Saine and when he starts talking about his family, ask if there’s something off with him and Leon. He won’t say much, but he’ll mention tension between him and his family so pick the option that says screw them

5 Likes

So who exactly are the two peeps on the box art?

Us players. It just shows two different MCs

3 Likes

is there a way to find this answer or do you just guess?

1 Like