180 Files: The Aegis Project (spy/thriller) (new short demo 24 Feb)

I must confess I’m only familiar with it through the memes :sweat_smile: :

People already planning their weddings with Angel while I’m over there digging their grave in case the crocodiles aren’t available anymore :joy:

#TeamPettyAsses

Me about everything in life tbh

5 Likes

I figured people would fall into one of those two groups! :laughing:

2 Likes

I can’t say I agree with this. In all the centuries of media, whether it be games or literature or television, cisgender, heterosexual, and perisex people have been everywhere. Even today, LGBTQ+ people still have to fight for scraps of representation, and the amount we get is subject to backlash. Choice of Games is one of the very few platforms where queer people do have that freedom of representation, and if someone wants a fully LGBTQ+ cast, I welcome it. The less straight people, the better. Straight people lose nothing if Agent 100 is bi or pan or gay. Queer people gain a hell of a lot.

10 Likes

I think you’re winning. (Does this mean 100’s actually the favoured LI at the moment? I guess that’s appropriate for the guy who’s basically Bond :smiley: )

4 Likes

Hoozah! Team jackets for everyone!

I think another appeal for 100 is the fact that he’s an older guy. I mean, we don’t really get a lot of ROs who are older, and while I get for some the age difference can be a turn off the MC isn’t a teenager, they’re an adult as well. It’s not really the same power imbalance as it would be with a younger MC and an older RO.

Or maybe I’m just happy to see some diversity with ROs. Either way I’m team Agent 100 (with a side of tension with Angel cuz I am all for an evil “RO”)

3 Likes

I was going to comment that. I can’t speak for everybody, but I personally favor anything that’s unusual or hasn’t been done in the CoG or HG catalog. Well, almost anything (not talking about problematic stuff).

3 Likes

Funny thing is he wasn’t even supposed to be an RO at first. I came up with the character and then just thought it would add an interesting aspect to his plot.

2 Likes

The less straight people the better?

I don’t want to start an argument, so I’m going to respectfully leave that conversation.

@Scribblesome I’m a strong proponent of encouraging the author’s vision when it comes to decisions with characters and storylines. Ultimately this is just our opinion as readers, but you choose :slight_smile: Please don’t feel obligated either way. That’s part of the beauty of writing your own stories! I’m eagerly looking forward to your next update.

8 Likes

Alternative suggestion. If 100 is straight then maybe also add a straight female option? I’ll totally play a female MC for Agent 100 if he ends up straight but I don’t know if I’d say it’s fair since Agent 100 is always male unlike Agent 313.

But like shettiejw said, it’s ultimatelty the author’s vision and I’ll support whatever is decided on.

1 Like

Thanks @shettiejw :slight_smile:

I’m kind of planning to have more ROs in future games (though some will be flings), so that’s definitely a possibility. For this game though it’s hard enough to fit the existing LIs in! (Which is the main reason that Gareth, Hex and Vicki are all bi, so that all players have at least one option)

2 Likes

I see what you mean and honestly all I care about is having MC and Angel developing some kind of “relationship” (funny but "MR & MRS Smith just came to mind). I’m not the kind of person/player who expects to have a cute, fluffy happy ending… Sometimes I find those boring. I like a challenge and thank god MC is up for anything just like moi.

Angel’s my favourite RO. What can I say? I love a bad girl and I was a little bit confused cause I didn’t know whether she was an option and now that I know she is I’m looking forward to seeing how things will play out.

3 Likes

Update on … um, updates.

So Chapter Five is still under construction; it’s irritating because I’ve done quite a lot but there’s still a load of little bits here and there to fill in, and also some fiddly coding that I want to make sure is ok before putting it out here. Chapter Five will be the last update for public beta, after that I will probably do a private beta for the rest of the game. There’s a nice little cliffhanger coming up :smiling_imp:

Here’s some teasers, though:

ch5_1

ch5_2

ch5_3

15 Likes

I love this story so much!! Was totally absorbed by it.

1 Like

Mate, you write so fast :smile:

But going back to chapter four and your feeling that something was missing (have you figured it out yet?), it also seemed to me that the apartment search scene didn’t feel as though there was much at stake - not as much as the code would indicate, in any case. It was quite surprising that the suspicion stat rose like that. Playing the chapter again after having skulked through the code was definitely different emotionally (in terms of the level of anxiety and suspense). Was this lack of emotional arousal intentional?

1 Like

@Hope_Kibo: thanks! :blush:

Pfft, I wish! I’ve been plotting and writing and rewriting stuff on this since about March.

Oh I totally agree, but I can’t quite figure out how to fix it. See, the apartment’s being watched, but you don’t know that, so I’m not sure how to tell the reader they shouldn’t hang around other than just vague ‘I’ve got a bad feeling about this’

4 Likes

Use some of cimena’s tricks … the MC catches a reflection of light through their window … they hear phantom steps outside their apartment door … wasn’t that car passing by just an hour ago? … etc …

5 Likes

Hey, that could work… I already have a timer gosub in there to count up how long you’re there, so I could add in little snippets of suspicious stuff with it. :thinking: thanks!

3 Likes

Finally had some time to play this and wooow, I was already excited by playing a spy game but I didn’t expect to be this into the game!
Just one thing though, when you’re given the contact lenses, French has this kinda dumb ‘let’s give everything a gender!’ thing so 'bleus" should be bleues, ‘verts’ should be vertes, gris should be ‘grises’ and ‘marrones’ should be marrons.
Otherwise, I’m really excited to see where this game is going and the characters (especially 313, I seem to have a soft spot for him) don’t feel static at all and I like your writing a lot so thanks for sharing this game with us !!

1 Like

Oh, it’s because lentilles is feminine! facepalm gotcha, will fix.

1 Like