The Freakhouse: A Touch Of Lilium

@Nathan_Faxon you will see how they work :smile: Although you are quite close to guessing :wink: I meant that as friendly and laid back as Roxanne looks, she has this streak of “playing with the big kids” aka being as rough/mean/vicious as Vex :wink: I wonder what kind of performance is Rogue going to do then… maybe juggling or knife throwing?

@Zolataya nah, they share the same stomach; as long as one of them feeds, the rest are fine :smile: The ones who are always hungry are Furor and Cassius. But they crave different things :wink:

I guess the real question of influence for the trio is how much happy trusts the two meanies. If she trusts their words if they say it seriously enough, she could end up turning against you unexpectedly :anguished:

So Roxanne will like the MC if they’re into the fun games of the freakhouse. By ‘fun games’ I mean the gorey and hands on stuff :sweat_smile:

I was thinking Knife throwing. Our of all the things available, knife throwing would be the only thing that suits him :smile:

Aaaaah, but the premise of the game is very clear: your first priority must be survival, because even who you believe is your ally (or friend) can kill you the moment you let your guard down. And your MC is the newbie: he isn’t trustworthy enough :wink: At least (to her) not over who she has been sharing a body with for a veeeeeeeeeery long time :relaxed:

Roxanne will like an innocent MC a lot, she’s a bit of a big sister :wink:

Dagger will have a lot of fun messing with Rogue, then. Because you’re going to train with him a lot; after all he’s one of the very few knife throwers in the circus, and the other ones don’t live… much :smirk:

I apologise for cutting into the conversation, I hope I haven’t disrupted it.
I just have some random questions and a possibly pointless observation:

These may have already been answered so don’t feel obliged to do so.

1. Will the specific ‘traits’ (or whatever the word for was) such as heartless and doll, effect other ‘freak’s’ views on the MC? Specifically ROs but also people in general.

And I’m assuming they each have their own strengths and weaknesses?

1. Is the guy from the beginning (who I’m assuming is Furor. Not sure if I’ve spelt that correctly) an RO?

2. I’m not entirely sure if this was mentioned in the demo, but around how old is the MC?

And lastly, when you successfully continue to refuse the pill, around one or two pages later the dialogue mentions MC having taken it rather than the act being forceful (does that make sense?). The same thing seems to be hinted at a few times throughout the WiP.

Although I’m most likely just misinterpreting it all :no_mouth:

I think that’s it…

Good job on the WiP as usual, it just gets more and more intriguing as it’s updated.

2 Likes

Me and @Lycoris chatted about this before. We’ll use Voice as an example. Some unique dialogue is seen if your trait is bloody, she isn’t really fond of you bleeding all over her bed :laughing: But she will like the trait pigmentation for plot reasons. I think each performer will have at least one each of a likable and dislikable trait.

2 Likes

@RovePaw ayyyy, don’t worry about it! :blush: You aren’t disrupting anything, we love to chat! And questions and (not so) pointless observations are two of my favourites things to discuss! :wink:

1. Yup, we call them traits! :smile: As @Nathan_Faxon said, there’s special dialogue depending on which one you pick, but your trait will never lock you out of a romance or path. Let’s say… it’s kind of a bonus, if you happen to guess right which trait works better for each RO :wink: If you pay a biiiit of attention, along the story are a few sentences regarding every so often your trait :wink:

And if you pay more attention, you will notice there’s a slight stat change depending on what you choose :slight_smile: For example, the “Malignancy” trait is -10 surreptitiousness and -5 charm. Also, in certain scenes, your trait will let you pick special choices :wink:

1. I can’t say anything about the man in the beginning, but about Furor… Yep, you spelled it correctly :smile: And yes, he is a RO (good for you, @GloriaRose :wink: ) , but I can’t say anything more :wink: You will have to wait until the end of chapter 2 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Excellent point! The MC is over 18, and I’m thinking about letting the player chose whether they are 18 sharp, 22 or 26 :wink: If I’m not really up to code it I will just make the MC 20-22 for plot reasons (mainly because it doesn’t bode very well with the story, to have barely legal MCs :disappointed_relieved: )

You aren’t misinterpreting anything :smile: That was just a bug I already corrected (I think? I already updated the link with several bugs squashed, like the Freak Show one), so it wouldn’t happen anymore.

Thank you very much! :blush:

P.D: I’m going to ask something very silly, but why do you think the dark haired man in the prologue is Furor? :open_mouth: After all what Dagger says may be really off, he can be wrong :wink:

1 Like

Ah, I see! That will certainly add an interesting depth to the game in the future (as it does now).
Thank you and @Nathan_Faxon for answering my questions and I do apologise if it seemed I wasn’t paying attention to the dialogue and stat changes; as much as I loathe to admit it, I can be rather oblivious sometimes ^^’
I’ll make sure to look out for them!

1. Oooh, I’m super curious now :kissing:, guess I’ll just have to hypothesise now eh? :wink:

Ah right, I most likely read it before you updated it then ^^

A good question! I actually have no idea on the answer, I just assumed he was, most likely because of what Dagger said and I’m still unconsciously believing it.
I’d like to come up with a clever and thoughtful reason but really, the name ‘Furor’ makes me imagine someone with black hair for some reason-I think it’s mainly the combination of the letter ‘F’, ‘O’ and ‘R’ ordered like that :sweat_smile:

(I have no idea what I’m talking about)

I KNEW IT! well…I hoped :grin::wink:

1 Like

@RovePaw don’t worry about not catching the small bits! I kind of made the tiny things very subtle so the reader would kind of unconsciously find out new things little by little, and the stats are something I also rarely pay attention to ( now because I have to code the game, and let me say: they are a pain balance :disappointed:).

Feel free to let your imagination run wild! I love guesses and theories… as long as they are off the mark (I’m looking at you @Nathan_Faxon :unamused: It also helps a lot when it comes to making things a bit more cryptic or letting hints here and there :wink:

Yes, Dagger said that Furor was “tall, dark and handsome”, and that he was broody and believed he bited :wink: Maybe that’s why… but don’t worry! You aren’t the first to think that :wink:

@GloriaRose aaaah, I knw it would make you happy, to know you can get Furor :wink: His route is quite interesting… in a lot of senses :imp:

P.D: no one is going to ask me where is Vex’s monkey? :laughing:

3 Likes

Waaaaait a minute, Vex has a monkey? Is this because of his act?

@Lycoris - my MC doll wants to know where her Ken is and if she gets a pink corvette like her Barbie once did. lmao.

Yes, in the head scene there’s a monkey playing with a chunk of meat as Vex is… working :open_mouth:

@Zolataya sorry, maybe she can get a Ken, but no car :disappointed: She can dress in pink, though :wink:

1 Like

How. Did. I. Not. See. This!?

Dunno. It goes like this:

I remember this now! I nicknamed it Charles the Butt Ugly Monkey.

1 Like

What! :scream: WHY?!?!?! Poor little thing!

Charles because Monkey’s deserve posh gentleman names and butt ugly because DAMN he sounds like he fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down :smirk:

1 Like

That girl with 3 head is a RO? That’s just to freakish to me.

You’re SO mean! How can you say it’s ugly?!? He’s just a little (yet bloody) menace!

@Urban this is a _freak_house :wink: She looks like this:

1 Like

I know, but she is very freakish. I think I would have no problem looking at Dagger or Vex, but that girl would be very difficult to even look.