(WIP) Intentions

Hello! I am new to all of this, especially when it comes to programming stuff but I’m super excited to share this project of mine, Intentions. This is going to be my first IF game. I hope you enjoy it! (well, it’s still bare bones)

What can you do when bound by duty, tethered by a leash or led by a guide that shapes your path? When freedom tempts your fate, whispering of uncharted possibilities and the allure of the unknown, what will you choose? Will you surrender to its intoxicating embrace, letting it sweep you away into the vast expanse of unclaimed destinies? Or will you stand as a fierce adversary, resisting its call, holding true to the chains of obligation, and proving yourself worthy of the name you’ve built? The choice lies within the tension of restraint and release, a battle between the duty that binds you and the freedom that beckons.

Summary

Intentions is a high fantasy story that centers on you, a Fae selected to be among the first students of the prestigious Ortigo Institute. This academy stands as a beacon of hope in a world still healing from a devastating war that spanned three thousand years, a conflict born from prejudice and pride. The Ortigo Institute is more than just a place of learning; it is a symbol of reconciliation, established to break down the ancient barriers that once fueled hatred between species.

As a Fae, you carry the weight of your people’s legacy—an ancient race known for their wisdom, but also their pride and adherence to tradition. Your role at the institute is not just to learn, but to represent the best of what it means to be Fae. The expectations are immense, as you are seen as a bridge between the past and the future, tradition and change.

Will you cling to the traditions that have defined your people for millennia, honoring the old ways that have kept your society strong? Or will you shape your own path, daring to redefine what it means to be Fae in a world that is slowly learning to embrace unity and peace? The choice is yours: to uphold the past or to forge a new future, one that aligns with your own vision of what the world could be.

In this journey, you will confront the prejudices that still linger, not just in others, but within yourself. You will be challenged to question your beliefs, your loyalty to your heritage, and your vision for the future. The fate of more than just your own destiny may rest on the choices you make, as you navigate the delicate balance between duty and freedom, tradition and change.

Demo

93 Likes

That’s a really confusing title, I approve :clap:

3 Likes

Thank you! :heart: I was sweating reading the first half of that sentence :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

A interesting synopsis you got here as well as title lol my curiosity is peaked will try to play later on if i can. :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you, I hope you enjoy it! :heart:

This is an interesting concept, and the art between pages are a lovely touch! I have a little feedback for the current demo.

• The save slots are right now not initiated, this error pops up when trying to save:
    Uncaught Error: SaveMod: Unable to *sm_save before *sm_init

• In the stats page, the freedom stat doesn’t have a name for its opposite value. Tradition could perhaps be a good pairing as its opposite?

Otherwise this is a very good start, I’m very interested in the lore!

1 Like

I have played your demo and even though there isn’t a ton to go off of so far, it does seem like you’ve got an interesting idea in the works, which is nice to see, especially since it’s your first IF. It’s also always great to see new people, since I know it takes guts posting a WIP anywhere (Haha, I really do understand that-- I’m an indie game dev who likes to play IFs in my free time!) So, congratulations on not only posting your WIP, but for coming up with an idea that does honestly seem like it could end up going in many directions and could be a ton of fun!
Reading through everything, it is apparent that you have put thought and effort into what you’re working on.

Now, I hope you’re not going to take this the wrong way and either tell me to fuck all the way off, or accuse me of going on a witch-hunt, but honestly, I am a bit bothered by something: I am not accusing you of anything, but: based off certain phrases that have been used (just a few of them are the opening of “in a world…” and “the very stone,” along with the way the descriptions and prose are written, it makes me think you might be using AI in some capacity, as a program called “Storyteller AI” generates text that uses phrases like many of what I’ve read in your writing. (I completely despise anything AI-generated, but that’s beside the point. If you are using it like it appears, I’ll simply refrain from playing future updates and you won’t hear from me again.) While CoG/HG does let writers use AI in their works-in-progress, they are not allowed in any form if you plan on submitting your game for publication.

I wanted to let you know not only my stance on AI, but CoG/HG’s as well, just in case I’m not mistaken here.

2 Likes

Quite a nice start, I’m looking forward to read more :grinning: :heart:

1 Like

Yo, how were you able to post this comment? I once got flaged for sort of unintentionally posting a comment about a bird with a huge cucumber so I want to know how can you post a comment with the words fuck off in there so casually? i’m not complaining this is a genuine question

So far I like the premise, this have potential.

1 Like

Hey! Haha, I seriously would have laughed if I’d been able to see your comment about a bird having a huge cucumber! It doesn’t sound like something you should have been flagged for to me, you clearly weren’t being rude or anything. Honestly, the only time I’ve been flagged was when I was doing my best to be overly polite and not typing like I normally do (I usually type the way I talk in real life: fuck and other profanity everywhere. XD) My best guess is that people can be flag-happy sometimes, even when there’s no reason to be that way? I wish I had a better answer than that, but I really don’t.

2 Likes

Saves are broken.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Consolidated AI Thread: A Discussion For Everything AI

I’ve moved an off-topic post; if you want to continue that discussion in general, please do so on the other thread, and focus on the WIP rather than other forum users. Thank you.

Hello! Thank you so much for the criticism. I write using word and I edit it alongside copilot because I’m afraid my english is inadequate (it isn’t my first language) but edit is a bit of a stretch because I think it revises my writing. I can say that this is an original idea, and I did write the whole thing. I am in the process of rewriting the whole thing because it also bothered me how my writing is presented. I’m so sorry if it triggered any negative feelings. I will do better in the next update, if you are still willing to give this a chance.

5 Likes

I’m looking forward to the rewrite, the best for you :grinning::heart:

1 Like

Interesting set up, just have to see where it goes

Hey there and you’re welcome! If it came across as overly harsh, I didn’t intend it to. :slight_smile: Word is a good word processor and one of the originals, so that’s a great software choice! ^.^
Honestly, after reading how you type, I would not have guessed! As far as I can tell, your English is perfectly fine!

I do understand not being confident about its adequacy, though-- haha, English is my first language and I speak two others fluently, but sometimes, I don’t speak, write, or understand any language known to humankind. XD

I’m glad that the idea is original-- it definitely seems that way and it’s a very good idea, in my opinion! Since I didn’t offend you (which I am very relieved about) I’m definitely willing to give it another chance when it’s updated next time =D

I really am intrigued. Hope to learn more about MC and the characters :heartpulse: