WIP: Fallen Hero 2: Retribution - updated 27 april 2019 (pre-adult version)

I believe it implies that both HB and the MC were from the farm, and are both thus regenes/cuckoos.

7 Likes

The puppet is unlikely to be HB but its plausible that HB could still be alive at the farm. Not only is the MC an unreliable witness but everyone in the incident is.

Yes even Ortega, remember Charge is imune to mind control but still recalls there was an explosion. Its clear that Ortega and Steel didnt go downstairs right away and the only explanation is that the explosion did indeed happen.

Their accounts of events dont add up i mean steel says his shields held but that he could feel the mind control. But if he could feel it, doesnt that mean heā€™s controlled already?

Iā€™m thinking this is how it really happened:

HB attacks the rangers in reverse order of entrance because of Steels shields. Anathema at the back is attacked first and dies horribly.

Sidestep is attacked second but something short circuits and he percieves HB 's location instead.

Sidestep confronts HB in some manner and either jumps from the window or tries to shoot himself while resisting, surrendering, observing or alternatively shoots Hb (in some scenarios Hb suffers repeated shots.)

HB regains the upper hand and likely has a lot more training and experience overpowering other telepaths, and focuses on the remsining two.

If Sidestep tries to Shoot himself Ortega is right there to save him so hes the closest ranger in any scenario. Ortega likely didnt percieve the threat to sidestep until too late because mental fights are not colorful to the telepathically impaired.

HB attacks Ortega and fails. He likely wonders if Ortega is a robot or a zombie or a zombie robot.

Ortega likely approachs Hb to beat the Bajeebus out of their persona and exsorcise whatever devil possesess them with electrical fists.

Hb panicks and brute forces throug steels shields and forces him to fire ze missiles inside the buildibg incapacitating everyone.

Very likely Hb died here or was recaptured by the Farm. Hb could gave escaped but then why did the killing stop ? Escape seems unlikely unless something about the mind battle fixed a a part of their mind and he stopped being a walking bomb.

Ortega and Steel where briefly taken by the farm. I think this is the only explanation. Ortega must have seen Hb yet somehow that image was erased from their.mind.

But Ortega isnt imune to mind control, just telepathy. More than likely the farm added.some amnesia inducing drugs to the explosions trauma to erase his and steelā€™s memories.

7 Likes

One last thing. HB Isnt necesarily from the farm. Other ( hostile ) countries have their own regenes and hb could be one of those.

1 Like

Hmmm? Thatā€™s a very intresting scenario. The mc is an unreliable narrator. Ecept when it comes to their feelings. I think Malin deliberately changed the eye collor to eather stop the reader from connecting hb=puppet. Or to imply that both Mc hg and hb are one and the same type of regene model. Al of them runnaways from their evil creators, with hg being the first and maybe locus being the latest in line. But then what has pupets gender to do with hb. Some sort of mislead? And if hb is at the farm wonā€™t they use it to track down Mc and hg? If itā€™s dead then the dreams Mc has is a little bit too intricately described to be considered trauma.

HB Shares the MC eyes and considering they are all supposedly created by the same experiment this has been used to suggest they are the same/similar model.

Maybe my mc and hg can team up to tak e^m down. Now that Iā€™m no longer gunning for the position of the cityā€™s crimeboss.

3 Likes

I wager the HB is a more advanced model. Or maybe one that has more focus on their telepathic powers rather than blending in society based on that scene with the scientists and something like a black hole (??).

Here with another comment. Just did a playtrough where i took the telepapthical route to make Argent kill a civilian on live TV and then defeated her throwing her off the bridge. Now sheā€™s been mind controlled before and ended up publically embarassed , but not at this level.

This should probably be a new professional low for her, yet when you meet her at the Rangers thereā€™s no comment about it, and thereā€™s still text where the MC thinks ā€œArgent doesnā€™t need a reason to be in a bad moodā€ when you know perfectly well whatā€™s causing the bad temper.

Maybe add a mini-scene in between or just have her vent a bit if you talk to her at the elevator scene ?
Villains like to have their cake and eat it too, and in the case of super-devilish-twisted villains like sidestep, they can hurt their nemesis and then pretend to be their friend to see them squirm. :smiling_imp:

Or maybe they are beyond twisted that they are actually are atracted to the hero, then hurt them, and then go running to cry crocodile tears staying by their side as a sort of evil sucubus that doesnā€™t even realize how poisonous and harmful they are to others with their toxic and corrupted form of love :japanese_ogre:ā€¦

14 Likes

HOW DARE YOU calling me out like that xD

6 Likes

What ??? You had confused me ā€¦ Lol :-):sweat_smile:

And thatā€™s how things should be! Since discovereing that path I have been in peace. serenity.

2 Likes

Who is the Sentinel?

1 Like

Sentinel was a member of the rangers when sidestep was active! She survived heartbreak (actually didnā€™t even go to the building bc apparently no mental defenses) and retired later.

3 Likes

Hey quick question because I really donā€™t feel like making whole new save just to check it out: if you romance Ortega as MC, and I mean officially, with that kiss on the beach and all that shit, and then when you talk with Herald and youā€™re like OH NO HEā€™S HOTā€¦ Do you actually have something mentioned about your relationship with Ortega? Or you just donā€™t care anymore at this point xD

1 Like

Iā€™m not very sure any version of the MC would be very concerned about cheating on Ortega or any of the rangers they have romantic status with. I mean regarldess of the kissing, every night after dark every MC basically puts a sock on their head, gets a baseball bat and beat the living heck out of all of four of them and is there the next morning like nothing happened.

What i mean, MC has issues, and being a cheater is too low on the priority list of character flaws :laughing:

Also, it would seem the MCā€™s have been a bit deprived of affection trough their lives so maybe they need to have MORE affection than the regular person. ALL the affection!!. From ALL of the ROS! All of it! And they need it now!!!
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Mine would. Cheating is for shit heads, and mine just wants revenge on the Farm to have a life.

Nope, only need my one.

5 Likes

No no no I didnā€™t mean OH NO Iā€™M CHEATING ON ORTEGA Iā€™M SO BAD BOO HOO :frowning:
I meant something more like WOW, FIRST ORTEGA NOW HERALD, YOUā€™RE A FUCKING IDIOT. KEEP GOING THIS IS FUN. and shit like that you know. Just something, really.

Iā€™ll probably check it out by myself later this night or perhaps tomorrow and update if no one else knows ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ

5 Likes

540c66c0-2274-48e4-9d8f-4ffe8e73b1ea

7 Likes

Just did some code diving, hereā€™s what happens if you go down the love triangle, plus some Mortum and rival flavor

Code excerpt

You are not standing here thinking that Herald is hot. Herald of all people.
*if herald_rival
Heā€™s annoyed you for years! Exceptā€¦ didnā€™t you use to think you hated him? And now it is annoyance.
How did this happen? Why did this happen?

*if ((ortega_flirting_new) or (ortega_flirting_puppet))
Donā€™t you have enough to deal with when it comes to Ortega? Do you really need to make more trouble for yourself? Why is your brain intent on being like this?
*if mortum_flirting_puppet
And where does ${puppet_name} and Dr. Mortum come into things? Isnā€™t that enough of an emotional mess for you to handle? At least that one is playing with the heartstrings of your puppet, not your real body. Even if the mind is the sameā€¦

Not that it matters. This is stupid, you are stupid, and nothing is ever going to come of this.

Youā€™ll make sure of it.

1 Like

Ohh okay so that Ortega part doesnā€™t change if youā€™re ā€œofficialā€, then. Iā€™m just flirting, too, and I got the same fragment. Thank you.