WIP: Fallen Hero 2: Retribution - updated 27 april 2019 (pre-adult version)

Oh, dear… Suddenly I am picturing a very angry ginger man attempting to pedal an unreasonably large medical thingy out on the streets. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Spooky

I haven’t played this alpha for very long yet, but I know already that it’s just as amazing as the first game. These games are incredible, and the writing style is amazing. So much love to these games. This beta is already proving to have some very interesting choices, including being able to romance Herald, which is exciting. I feel kinda bad about his limp. Got the 'Broke the Baby" achievement in the last game, haha. Real excited to see where this goes~!

13 Likes

Well ortega is fuckable

10 Likes

Indeed.

2 Likes

It’s not even an opinion anymore; it’s a cold hard fact.

8 Likes

Preach it brother.

2 Likes

It’s a real shame MC has to cockblock themselves though…

10 Likes

This game is the epitome of “Just. Fuck. Already.”

11 Likes

Someone go on this game’s Tvtropes page (really, it has one) and put in “belligerent sexual tension”

7 Likes

That’s how you know it’s reached the big boy stage.

1 Like

I got a question that maybe belongs to “Rebirth” gameplay, but I found out only with character building of “Retribution”… So what does @malinryden mean when he ask if Ortega at the end is sympathetic with MC villain persona or suspicious? I played Ortega route many times and even at the hospital s/he never said anything like that to me.

2 Likes

So after your big fight with Ortega, they have feelings about the new villain depending what you do in their fight. It can be enemy (want to take them down), nemesis (REALLY wants to take them down), sympathetic (understands your point/feels a little bad about trying to take you in) or suspicious (they suspect MC is the villain.) It changes the dialogue in the hospital and in the epilogue and considering it’s flagged I’m going to assume it will play a bigger part in retribution.

8 Likes

I do so like the suspicious route the most…but a close second is the Sympathetic route

1 Like

I have sadly been unable to pull off the sus one
I think at least

How do you get sympathetic or sus? I think I got nemesis but I’m also romancing him <\3

IIRC, use your telepathy on the crowd, and then choose the non-unique options during combat (“I took down tougher people when I was sidestep” or “I know him/her and how they fight”) and that should up the suspicion. Also, if you botch the fight, exploit their epilepsy to win the fight.

Sympathetic… I don’t remember how I got that, actually. I think I went down the Anti-Villain route (no killing, limit collateral damage, etc) and spoke “from the heart” during the monologue.

2 Likes

Can confirm that’s how ya do it for sympathy

3 Likes

I went for the “I know how she fights” because it seemed like the most reasonable…even though it did lead her to getting a gun and shooting at me lol

… I don’t suppose you tried to have the little bots eat the museum without telepathic boosters, did you?