:eyes:

6 Likes

I have no idea what youā€™re talking about :relaxed:

Thanks for playing!

1 Like

Listen. LISTEN.

That had me SPOOKED, you hear me? SPOOKED. :pleading_face:

1 Like

THEREā€™S AN UPDATE!! My eyes have been blessed thank u.

Lovely author, do you plan on opening up a tumblr/discord/smth??

1 Like

Thank you!! Iā€™m glad youā€™re as esctatic as I am about the story! :grin:
And I havenā€™t thought about making one, since weā€™re in the early stages yet, but I think when the story is a bit more established, it might be a fun idea!

1 Like

Thank you, this is really fantastic feedback!! Youā€™re absolutely right, and it would be good to establish how the MC feels before the group chat.

I tried to write it so that you find out about your past from talking to them (i.e. being able to ask questions such as ā€œwhy did you leave?ā€), but it would be good to add a few lines beforehand too for clarity.

For your other point, itā€™s infered from your text convos: they tell you that they are waiting outside the station, and I tried to code it so that if you skip the texting or never read the text they sent you, you can only say ā€œExcuse meā€ when shouting out to themā€¦ But that whole meeting needs a lot of work :sweat_smile:

Sorry for the long rambling reply, I hope that made sense, and Iā€™ll definitely change some of these things so it plays and reads better, thank you!

2 Likes

I really like the email/text idea, great for immersion and getting to know the characters a bit!

1 Like

Oh, the options where you walk away from Jackson without acknowledging him give you an error so I thought that was all the wip had.

I keep getting 404 errors. Itā€™s most likely because you didnā€™t wrap up your endings with *finish or *ending. Make sure to add a blurb saying ā€œthis is the end of this routeā€ or something whenever you hit an end.

2 Likes

Yeah same. I keep getting the same error too.

1 Like

Love at first read!!! Iā€™d really like to see more of Little Pickering and the other charactersā€¦ Andā€¦

Watch out for the Nose!!! Yeah, the :nose::nose::nose:

1 Like

Ahhhh this is so good! Are you thinking of adding a tumblr for updates and such? Iā€™d definitely follow for updates!!

2 Likes

If you like fae and vampire stuffs with wholesome action packed thriller horror themed and steamy sex scenes I suggest u guys read the Anita Blake series and Meredith Gentry series

yours truly SPANISHBREAD

3 Likes

I donā€™t know if itā€™s just me but every time I head to the meeting place with Jackson it doesnā€™t work and instead say ā€˜Our apologies; there was a 404 error while loading game data. Please refresh your browser now; if that doesnā€™t work, please email support-external@choiceofgames.com with details.ā€™ Is that suppose to happen or?

2 Likes

Absolutely wonderful! Your writing is fantastic and the character interaction is on point. I loved the phone features and the errie spooky feel of the town. Iā€™m really looking forward to reading more of this game.

3 Likes

Thank you so much to you all for your kind and supportive words! I didnā€™t want to post here until I made another update, but I also didnā€™t want it to look like Iā€™ve abandoned this :sweat_smile:
Iā€™ve been writing, but Iā€™ve also been incredibly busy with life, and Iā€™ve hit a bit of a brick wallā€¦ Iā€™m rewriting some of the beginning with better character introductions and more memories from your childhood, but Iā€™m finding it so difficult to make it flow without losing pacing, and I donā€™t want to drag out back story. Iā€™ve ended up writing and scrapping so many small vignettes, I could actually just make an entire deleted scenes section/bloopers, which is mad because have you ever considered books/text games having bloopers? And Iā€™m still writing the first chapterā€¦

@beespls thank you! I would love to make a Tumblr, but maybe when Iā€™ve added a bit more to the story! I wouldnā€™t even know what to post to Tumblr right now for updates :sweat_smile:

@cone if you mean the part where youā€™ve both been to the liqueur store, and now youā€™re heading to your friends house, then thatā€™s where the demo ends right now! Iā€™d add a page at the end where it lets you know that this is the end of the demo, but my dumb ass didnā€™t save a copy of that version before I started making edits

@Barb thank you so much! Iā€™m happy you like it so far :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.