(WIP) Curse of the Spirit ☉ (Updated August 24)

I like chapter 4 very much…
Especially with Theta featuring more, she is more and more adorable as MC’s true friend… i chose to tell her everything about my vision, and i can really sense that Theta will do anything to protect me. Well the way she convince everyone to stay detention with me was touchy, and she purposely wrote those words in the mirror was sweet

As for Lilith, it was cute when she drag me into janitor closet to get the clue, and then set me up with the sponges… i actually wanted to laugh, how can Lilith be so confident that i won’t be angry :slight_smile:

So far, my feeling for Lilith is based on the childhood memory of the old version, perhaps you should include them back later on? Else, without those memory i don’t think many people will understand why we love Lilith :slight_smile:

3 Likes

me: I wanna tell theta everything i love her

me to me: bottle it in. make yourself untrustworthy. ruin ur friendships. do it for the plot

also ily :two_hearts: hope you’re doing well. watch for that run on chapter 4 at the end of chapter 3 too. oh and I’m really curious about the greyed out option I got for seeing an eye in the wax do other people get a greyed out option too or??

3 Likes

I have to say I’d like a couple of third options here.

Like turning down Lilith without being incredibly rude to her.

A polite no would be nice, so would a sarcastic no.

And when you find the pidgeon, I’d rather ask Ky about it rather than just put it back or steal it.

6 Likes

oops

I’m not sure if I’ll end up including them again! I’ll have to decide whether or not they were childhood friends in this version… It does make more sense as to why Lilith’s attached to the MC with them that way though. I’ll have to think about it some more.

I think you either have to select a specific option during the first chapter when you’re in Spirit Studies or try to name yourself Saeva. I don’t remember if it’s one or the other or both lol /// ily :heart:

I’ll definitely add these in the next update. Thank you sm !!!

6 Likes

I think you should leave it. Her having this emotional attachment to us wouldn’t really make sense. Also I would prefer it more because it’s nice having this shared history between us that we can build upon if we choose to, especially during a romance with her.

2 Likes

Personally i think to add Lilith as a childhood friend , with both she and us rekindle the old memory will add more depth and roots to your story … It will certainly add the dimension of a kindle spiritual attachment to a person of our past… and let the readers a distinguish choice of whether to continue longing for an emotional past or move on to the future…

Too many story and tv series these days are shifting to a “love now” plotline which is too lame, for my opinion … such as Beyond season 2 , which make the main protagonist simply forget about his love one who marry with him in the dream world and focus on a so called badass new wannabe :frowning:

Latest mission impossible movie did a great job of at least tidying up the protagonist 's old past before moving on to Ilsa … that’s why it is such phenomenon…

Hence allowing MC to make their own choice of whether hanging on to a kindle past or move on to a new life will certainly add more density to your story if you are planning to create an emotional master piece :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m so confused by the demo but I love it.

Why does Lilith hate me so much :sob:

1 Like

The Lilith hates MC scenes had been massively tone down as compare to the old version…

But the old version did provides enough flashback as to understand Lilith love-hate relarltionship with us…

1 Like

It has been implied I think but not out right stated so just in case I will spoiler tag this:

She was claiming to be Divinus. When you were, somehow, revealed as the true Divinus it obviously ruined that for her. In the old version her mother basically forced her to pretend to be Divinus, this may be changed though. In the old version you being revealed and her being a fake basically ruined her family life. She blames you for that, which is why she hates you.

2 Likes

Why were those scenes removed from the demo?

Well… the old version was an original works, or ideas from @aequa… the author had decided to rework the whole story , in order to give new life to the story and for a possibilty to make the characters more acceptable :slight_smile:

Lilith was a conflictual and fabled character , she would whole heartly treat MC badly physically and mentally , but MC memory flashback also had shown she was a dear childhood friend of MC , i pick the choice of Lilith was my only friend then …
I must admit, i still cherish those fond moment of childhood flashback , from our best moment until our relationship turn sour… and to some of the rekindle scene later on, i keep all those deleted scenes in my memory and will always regard Lilith based on those memory :slight_smile:

But like @Jeeshadow1 said, Lilith was angry of us taking away the title Divinus from her, Lilith 's mother had planned so long for her daughter being the pretender/usurper of our rightful crown… Hence with us proving as the rightful heir to the title , Lilith’s mother had also shifted her anger to Lilith , blaming her for not able to hold on to the title, and blaming her for used to be our best friend in the past…
Naturally Lilith seek vengeance to us, but in the old version, she also request our aid to help her go back to celebrate Christmas with her mother, hence i would say the love-hate relationship of Lilith to us is still a myth :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll likely keep Lilith as a childhood friend then. :^0 ty ty

What parts are you confused by? I know I left a lot of information out of this version that I haven’t put back in yet just due to forgetfulness. A lot of the Spirit stuff gets cleared up after Chapter 6 though!

I mostly haven’t got to writing that part yet, but also what @Jeeshadow1 and @Eric_knight said are the reason she dislikes the MC. :^)

1 Like

Haha, thank you my friend… :wink:

By the way, i also research on the name Lilith… it seems according to some legend, she was actually the first wife of Adam before being depicted as the Demon Queen…

Shockingly coincidense here, Lilith was our childhood friend before being portray as a Villain :smile:

1 Like

Hmmm, you jogged my memory on that point. Perhaps my MC should be called Lilith now… :smiling_imp:

1 Like

This is really cool! I’m looking forward to updates!

2 Likes

It’s more like I have no idea what’s going on with the MC haha. Nothing wrong with the writing, I just need more background information about the spirit and Divinus stuff.

1 Like

Oh… the old version really had philosophy sentiment especially the relationship between MC and Lilith :slight_smile:

Especially when Lilith had irritates us, while we ourselves was morally ambiguous … This remind me of a quote
" Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves…
Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darkness of others "

That is perhaps why i had been quite forgiving with Lilith’s antics :slight_smile:

I must say , I’m hooked to this story . And after reading the above…I’m glad I wasn’t going insane lol the story did change . And it’s weird the difference between the old and new demo .

Still , i like it regardless . Just different Vibe to it .

As for Lilith , in a way…she is in her own hell . Remind me of those parents that try to live trough their childrens and push them and push them…and mess them up as they go .

2 Likes

ok this has been bugging meh lol

Summary

can you actually pick the reply ‘‘You are Saeva’’ ? or is it locked ? and if you can…how ? lol

@E_RedMark I think it unlocks if you name the MC Saeva. I haven’t tested it out yet but I do recall in the in depth customisation that the spirit keeps remarking how you both look so alike. therefore there’s a chance having the supposedly same name would unlock the choice?

2 Likes