Wild Summer [WIP] Updated 23 Oct (Now with Saves!)

I liked this so far, nice storytelling so far allowing us the reader get a feeling for all the characters.

3 Likes

I absolutely enjoyed the demo and can’t wait for more. Avery stole my heart. Anyway I just wanted to say good work :raised_hands: author.

And while we are at it, I made some memes

32 Likes

I’m so sorry I can’t like your memes more than once

8 Likes

No problem author. You can make it up to me by continuing to update this amazing story of yours.

4 Likes

Hey @bjosh. Welcome back! I really like the premise of your wip. I don’t think there are enough games in which you can just enjoy characters without stressing about choices influencing your relationships. I like how authentic the characters feel, I think you’re nailing what strong, healthy friendship should look like. Will you be adding more customisation options for the MC in the future? Maybe they can check out their reflection in the mirror before heading out and you can use that as an customisation opportunity?

10 Likes

Also, a very small thing but wolves don’t have claws, maybe you could use paws instead
?

3 Likes

I wasn’t sure how much customisation people want, but it is a simple fix. I will put more options in the next update

whoops. Thanks for that. Will fix

6 Likes

That was surprisingly interesting!
I say surprisingly, because I don’t like slice-of-life stories usually. I’m glad I’ve still tried it out. Maybe you should add short descriptions of the love interests and mentions the animal options for the MC to be in the original post, to make it more appealing for people like me?
The character really make this story, and being able to have a coyote MC is such a treat!

I’ve spotted one small mistake, or weird phrasing:

After the incident with Dylan, you have the opportunity to decide what to do - bonding with dad, spending time with Kendrick in wolf form or spending time with the humans. The second option is weirdly phrased though: “In the meantime you’ve been running with Kendrick’s wolf” - it sounds like he has a wolf and the MC spends time with that wolf, instead of Kendrick in wolf form.

Speaking of Kendrick, he’s by far my favorite, for many reasons! And I think the small difference when you spend time with him in wolf form IF he and the MC already kissed before is so soooo sweet - wolf-coyote fluffy cuddles :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m also extremely intrigued about the mystery going on, and the whole wildsense thing. Am I right to assume your wildsense level will determine how certain things play out in the future?
I’m also glad wildsense doesn’t equal being an agressive animal. I enjoy my very gentle MC with high wildsense non the less.

Ah, when the WIP gets longer, would it be possible to add save slots? Just to make easier and faster to check out some branches.

6 Likes

I agree. I will round out the top post for more clarity.

[quote=“Konoi, post:28, topic:82629”]
After the incident with Dylan, you have the opportunity to decide what to do - bonding with dad, spending time with Kendrick in wolf form or spending time with the humans. The second option is weirdly phrased though: “In the meantime you’ve been running with Kendrick’s wolf” - it sounds like he has a wolf and the MC spends time with that wolf, instead of Kendrick in wolf form[/quote]
Thanks for the note. I will change the wording to make it clear.

You are correct :wink:

For you? Done. I will add saves to the next update

9 Likes

I like this.

Bobbing like a cat all the way. :grin:

Well written and it pulled me in and kept me. Nicely done. :slight_smile: :+1:

4 Likes

If I can guess- is the trigger for Avery checking her/him out at the pool?

Also I seem to have started concurrent relationships with both Avery and Chika, and I don’t know if this is a bug or feature.

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing this out. Well it is sort of both. You absolutely can pursue relationships with multiple characters at once, but i did forget to go back and make it so you have to make a conscious decision to do so. The next update will make it clear when this happens.

6 Likes

So I just finished the demo and I have to say that this definitely is good. I will be watching this WIP.

3 Likes

Love triangle, eh? Don’t tell me that we could get ourselves smacked by doing that, like in P5 :joy:

4 Likes

actually Avery likes you so its up to you if you check them out or not, if you choose Avery after the party they confess to you.

2 Likes

Right, it’s just from the conversation above it seems like the confession itself only happens if something that’s happened earlier triggers it.

1 Like

I got it without checking Avery out. Then when you go in for snacks (while hanging out woth everyone) I chose to ask them what they wanted to talk about after we got interrupted. Then at the party choose to get pulled to the side after the party by Avery.

But I think author said Avery has a crush on MC no matter what.

3 Likes

The crush is always there, but there’s a possibility of it not coming out; I was just wondering what the trigger for the confession was.

1 Like

Then it might be questioning them what they wanted to talk about, and being pulled aside at the party.

1 Like

The consequences of pursuing more than one of your friends at the same time will depend on who you’re involved with and if they find out. I won’t say that you won’t get smacked, but you won’t necessarily get smacked.

Sorry I should have been clearer. Avery always has a crush on MC. If you go with them after the party they will confess, if you spend that time with someone else it will be up to you to make the first move. I think I’ll change the details of that to make it less of a one-off decision, since it’s more important than I had treated it.

9 Likes