Why can’t I reply to any of lords of Infinity forums?

Title. I have questions and would like to participate in the discussion but the reply button is nowhere to be seen. Why is that?

12 Likes

Your user trust level is not high enough. That forum cannot be replied to by Basic trust level users. You can find out how to raise it here.

9 Likes

What level does one to need to reply to a lords thread. I only started using this to join the Lords discussion and now i can’t even participate.

3 Likes

You need to raise your trust level to “Member” status.

Here’s more info regarding user trust levels.

1 Like

So i am on basic level right now and i have to wait at least 10 days and get a like from someone to become a member?
And if no one likes any of my posts then i have to wait like forever?
Are there any shortcuts where i prove my reliability to moderator and can bypass the queue??
Thanks for helping
Ps: how do i start my own chat like this one

7 Likes

Well, you can give likes by clicking on the heart symbol on posts… so let’s see:

You can get to trust level 2 by…

• visiting at least 10 days, not sequentially.
  • casting at least 1 like.
  • receiving at least 1 like.
  • replying to at least 3 different topics.
  • entering at least 10 topics.
  • reading at least 100 posts.
  • spending a total of 60 minutes reading posts.

Like one of my posts, and you have the likes requirement covered.

You do not need to start a topic thread, but to do so, you enter the topic you are interested in, and at the top, there is a button that says: “new Topic”. Click on that and then write the opening or original post for that new topic.

22 Likes

Hey, it’s funny I just stumbled upon your post and I am in the exact same situation as you were at the time of posting. Any tips for me to also reach the ‘promised lands’ of the Lords thread?

6 Likes

Just wait 10 days, interact with others where you can give likes, receive likes and boom, you’re in.

6 Likes

It’s a discourse thing designed to curb spam and bot accounts on those threads. You can’t get around it, you just need to meet the requirements and the forum will automatically upgrade your trust level.

(Eiwynn has already listed the requirements specific to this forum above.)

5 Likes

how about posting a message like this?
There are posts that have no reply symbol
Do I have to level up first?

2 Likes

how about posting a message like this?
There are posts that have no reply symbol
Do I have to level up first?

Thanks

3 Likes

I am not sure what you are asking?
No you don’t need to level up to reply to other forums. But some wips like infinity saga require their participants to atleast be a member which is lvl 2. You will only get that in 10 days and there is no shortcut. Meanwhile you could explore other forums?

2 Likes

I’d really like to know what the purpose of this arbitrary restriction. I was recommended Lords of Infinity on steam and bought it and guns, and now I find out that I can’t access the forum? Buying the game should be all of the “proof” you need that I’m not a bit or whatever.

5 Likes

Have you got sabres of infinity too? That’s the start of the series and very good in its own right

Alas, there’s no link between this forum software and your purchase history on any of the platforms that sell CoG games.

Threads with a history of problems – spam, bots, high-volume posting by newcomers disregarding forum rules – will sometimes get the level restriction as a way of keeping the discussion moderatable. While/if you’re waiting, the hostedgames reddit doesn’t have the same restriction and has lots of Infinite Sea discussion…

2 Likes

The hosted games subreddit is a much better place to discuss the Infinity Saga. Go check it out

1 Like

Completely agree

1 Like

I mean, the main advantage of the forums is that the author posts his imput in the discussions sometimes

2 Likes

Blame Wulframites.

4 Likes

Like this post to fulfil my requirements for lords of infinity

5 Likes