What makes a game replayable?

CS Games: The story’s literary elements being well written without the mechanics interfering. Prose, plot, etc will always allow me to replay CoG or HG games, either using different choices or the same.

1 Like

Count me as someone else who will replay for achievements, but only if they suggest there’s a much broader game there than the one I just played. That’s what had me replay Life of a Wizard a few dozen times (back when CS didn’t do achievements and @Lucid had to hard code the achievement page at the end), and even more with Robots.

5 Likes

Looking at the games I’ve replayed, I generally see them fall into three categories:

1. Games I replayed to try out different paths (and romances :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ); I’m not really sure what really would connect them (besides having multiple cute guys in).
  2. Games I want to get the best possible outcome in. This is basically only ZESH (Part 1), which also overlaps with point 1, and I guess may be due to the fact that it feels far more like a “game” than most other CoGs.
  3. Games I hate. I started three separate runs of Krendrickstone – I think trying to find something to like about it – but only ever finding more to dislike… :disappointed_relieved: Admittedly, I’m better at recognising the four-point trap now, so I probably wouldn’t replay a game like that today… :sweat_smile:
3 Likes