What do you look for in a RO?

Personally I tend to go for the a little bit dull maybe, kinda neutral, kinda “i am not obliged to show any emotion whatsoever, thus i only live for my duties” ROs. Like they try to dim their (first just) attraction toward the Mc(but of course they stand no chance agains love…and the Mc coming on them with light speed, HAH).
And when the Mc shows off their steamy moves on them, or just casually flirt RO’s like
“Ok shook, now what, what do i do with this freak, WHY does it have to be MC out of all, shi-…”
I don’t know why, but the shy mfs, I just find them adorable. Like easy to tease and all(T^T)
They just melt my heart for some unknown reason. *•^

2 Likes

@Bathala

A person after my MCs’ own hearts! Except for the manipulation. They got hearts of gold. :thinking:

They just want the action…anywhere, anytime, with anyone. And lots of it. The quicker, the better. :smirk:

…I am NOT a hoe. :innocent:

My MCs, however…well. :hot_face:

Remy & Ravyn smirk, while Reise raises an eyebrow knowingly.

2 Likes

late reply, but I usually tend to go for more outgoing and/or straightforward characters, like F from Wayhaven Chronicles, Dena and Bly from Werewolves and D from Evertree Inn.
and I usually don’t like slow burns like A from Wayhaven. :wink:

6 Likes

Depends on what type of character I’m playing as, but the majority of my characters go for the flirty, straightforward, and “rougher” types (Mason from Wayhaven, Gray from Supernatural in New York, Morkai from TSSW). I have others that go for the softer beta types, but I get bored reading them for long. Much like @theresnoway, I don’t typically like slow burns like A with all the “angst” garbage. To me, it comes off too tweeny and not adult enough. I still try to play it, mainly because I like trying to find characters that “fit” with those types so I understand them better.

I think part of it is that I don’t define slow burn the way most authors do–slow burn, to me, is starting slow (like with hanging out and dating) and building up to a solid relationship, but it shouldn’t be so slow that the characters are limited to longing looks and a few overwrought moments (“Oh, but I can’t!”) for months on end. The latter, to me, is just ridiculous unless it’s set in the 1700s in the middle of a war between rival families (and even then, it makes me roll my eyes).

So yeah, gimme the “sex-turns-to-love” types like Mason and Gray. Or the fun ones like Felix. And Straasa (or Morkai in the triad) from TSSW is a good type of “slow burn” the way I see it–they were past the ‘almost’ hand touches and longing looks after the couple of weeks, as it should be, but they still guard their hearts and are too chicken to take it further just yet. That, for me, works.

11 Likes

@EvilChani

Sooooo…my MC Remy would like to have a…conversation with you.

Remy smirks and strolls over casually.

Remy, you know this isn’t another MC, right?

Remy flips me the bird & smiles at Chani.

…OMG, really? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

LOL! Doesn’t work on me, but several of my characters are—hey!

Mia shoves me out of the way and smiles back at Remy, only to be knocked out of the way by Strast.

Mia elbows her. "Don’t be so damned greedy, woman. He might be able to handle both of us!

Somehow, I doubt he could… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

For me any ROs are fine, but the thing that i liked the most between ROs, are the no-emotion types (K from Mind Blind, Raquel from BREACH, V from Triaina Academy). Them barely showing any expression and nonchalantly act like a robot is just, kinda cute tbh. And i’m more into the cute ones rather than the hot ones anyway.

Yet that doesnt mean i don’t like the sexually boner-inducting type of attractive (M from Wayhaven, damn they’re incredible). It’s just that i kinda prefer having a romantic moment first before participating in an intercourse. I mean, how can you enjoy a warm and chill time when your meat is telling you to beat it all over the day?

Since i have a hard difficulty of making a visual descriptive representation in my imagination, i prefer personality more than looks because it’s just easier for me to imagine them moving and acting rather than thinking how they look like.

I also have a thing for the sarcastic-flirty type of ROs (Chloe from Pulse University, R from Triaina Academy, Zena from Trinity). Though, i havent found much of these type of ROs yet in Choice of Games. I’m pretty sure these type of ROs are common right? Or is it just me that probably didnt dig deep enough?

1 Like

While I do try to convince myself that any RO is fine, I undoubtedly have a type. The main trait that I look for in a RO is confidence, especially if they have some quirks about them. A good example is Tex from Pulse University. I had the full plan to go after Mikey, also from Pulse University, but Tex’s introduction honestly had me weak. Like, come on…he dresses like a cowboy?? I would be a fool for not going for him. Playing through his route has made me go full simp mode for him. He’s just so sure of himself and honest. I am weak for this man and I am not afraid of saying it.
Another thing I look for in a RO is…stupidity? Can that be considered a trait? Take Snatcher from Triaina Academy. The man is unbelievably oblivious. Almost all negativity seems to roll off him and it amazes me each time. If I need someone to help steal chickens from a farm? He’s my first choice. If I need someone to dumpster dive? He’s down to clown. This type of character is also the type that would have to be watched 24/7 since they’re likely to put a fork in the microwave. All in all… :heart:

1 Like

Oh, SHE is willing to go down trying, whether she can or not… :unamused:

Remy licks her lips and gives thanks that she will die happy at the hands of these beautiful ladies.

…sorry, @EvilChani . She’s usually a lot more…civilised. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Remy glares daggers at me. :rage:

1 Like

I actually like RO who like MC first.

8 Likes

Being well-written is the obvious first choice. In games as a whole, I tend to have a pretty even balance, but I feel like I tend to go a lot more towards the archetype of people with strong personalities and flexible morals whenever I’m playing COG/HG (e.g. Carrie from Tin Star).

1 Like

Any RO who has deep history and chemistry with MC. (Eg. Ortega from Fallen Hero Rebirth, Garret Finch from A study in Steampunk, Jenneth from War for the West) Personality doesn’t matter because it depends more on the story setting and the writing.
If the ROs are equally distant from MC (MC has to choose a RO and make a move on them), I tend to go for the cold, stoic and mysterious ones since they are likely to betray MC.

8 Likes