[Tool] Chronicler - ChoiceScript Visual Code Editor

Version 1.4.8 is up.

Just some minor bug fixes as can be seen in the changelog.

The only new feature is that one may press the delete key and confirm the popup, rather than right clicking.
Useful if your right mouse button doesn’t work haha

My boss took a vacation and left me to manage the IT stuff for the whole plant. On top of that, I’ve had a family reunion and a couple birthdays to attend. Real life seems to conspire against all my plans for Chronicler. XD

Anyway, I’m not going to keep apologizing for slow updates, as I’m sure its already growing tiresome.

I’m also thinking that it’s finally time I went through and cleaned up the codebase, optimizing and commenting everything. That may very well entail starting from scratch and using copy/paste for working features. If I were to do so, I’d be able to greatly boost framerate with a better rendering technique as well as implement a much better textbox system and unified GUI which would make the options menu a significantly less daunting proposition. By the same token, it would also mean a month or more of work, but would speed up future development.

As an aside, I’ve had a chance to play around with the Ren’py visual novel creator and I’m quite impressed with its power and flexibility. I am seriously considering creating a “Chronicler” tool for it as well since it is essentially a programming language like ChoiceScript.

Would any of you find this to be a useful tool? If so, I’ll work on it side by side with the rebuilt Chronicler. Just have to come up with a new name for it…

1 Like