The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (Discussion) FAQ Located on Post 2

I see this as validation for me, who still haven’t tried any other route than M’s. Welp, now I’ll probalby never try them…
M enduring the pain to show their affection and care. :cry: Just too sweet…

2 Likes

MC and M walk in with matching tattoos

A and N: …
F:
unnamed

18 Likes

Has this been shared before? I seem to have read this somewhere before. Anyway, it seems that the Agency was not your usual evil government organization. XD

Edit 1:News Flash!

Edit 2: It seems it haven’t been shared. XD Thanks for the tip @anon8836198

9 Likes

If you hyperlink something that has already been posted before in the thread, you’ll get the message “It was already shared in post X, do you still want to proceed?”

4 Likes

Yaaaay!! Well, I hope Sera has fun writing book 2!!

3 Likes

Poor detective :hushed:

“A dark chill creeps through me
It tangles my nerves”

Someone fix the coffee machine already!

6 Likes

Its probably fiiiiiiiiiine. The MC is gonna be fiiiiiiiine. Its fine. We’re all good. No need to worry. Ha ha… ha…

6 Likes

Ohhh Mc is so going to get kidapped at the begining… wonder what will it be 4th or 5th kidnapping this month

1 Like

I seriously do not know how to start, this is… I am shocked… Thank you so much for sharing <3

The mere fact that M would go through that pain willingly… Dear lord… I mean, we already knew that the MC being in great danger or pain would become one of M’s greatest fears, another testimony to M’s feelings of love for the MC.
But that is something involuntarily, they only have control over the MC’s safety to some degree. M cannot protect the MC for everything… And knowing that there are still six books to go it is likely to go wrong at some point (looking at the fifth book in the series; dread and eagerness battling for dominance).

And now we get the knowledge thrown at us that M would willingly get a tattoo, that they would willingly go through pain that can make normal human beings with normal senses faint and cry in pain.
M is oversensitive to even the smallest of things. And still they would be WILLING to go through the pain of getting a tattoo?!
Indeed, I seem to be on repeat, but this is just… my love for Morgan is being cultivated by Sera and I fear that she will rip out my heart and tear it to pieces only to gather all my tears in her ‘cup of suffering’ (again staring accusingly at that awful fifth book of the series)

Personally, my detective would never want to put M through the pain, never. But, this gesture of love… Dear lord….

I cannot wait for the moment that my detective can drag M deeper and deeper into their relationship. It is a desire that is starting to consume me… which is slightly scary, if you ask me… Surely I am not the only one…? …Hello…? …Anybody?..

10 Likes

My bet would be that we are on a stake out. XD

1 Like

I’m a little surprised no one from the Douglas defense squad has posted this yet, but…

Douglas would probably spend more time with the kid than rembering their wedding/prom, lol.

For some reason him being a total sucker for little kids just endears him to me??? So much??? And I was never much of a Douglas person.

I’m SWOONING :heart_eyes: Curse M with their unexpected romantic-ness!

6 Likes

ITS SO PRECIOUS OH MY GOD!!

Dougie, my precious son. I love you :heart:

4 Likes

A would probably correct the child, saying they weren’t royalty, then tell them to go find their parents.
I think I’m in love

2 Likes

So with Tina, Verda, the rest of UB, Rebecca, and now Douglas, the MC will never have trouble finding a babysitter.

Hah, what a term!
So fitting for me though.

Tina: And this here is Douglas, the last on the list of the possible new receptionists.
MC: Oh no, no thank you, I am not a Douglas-person.

One day during lunch
Verda: Detective, maybe you could ask Douglas to make the errant instead of going through the trouble yourself?
MC: No, thank you
Verda: But why, it makes no sense?
MC: I am not a Douglas-person, let’s keep it at that.

@SagittariusKim, I would still want the Nanny to return… I like to believe that my detective still thinks dearly of her and would recognize her Nanny the moment she is in sight. In which case, my MC would start running towards her old Nanny to hug her and possibly cry for a bit (she was after all my MC’s replacement for a mother figure)

5 Likes

Nate/Nat’s scent is earthier and natural. Like a fresh morning dew. They do wear cologne/perfume—the expensive stuff, of course, lol. A drop of their cologne/perfume probably costs more than champagne :smiley:

What is the Agency paying them?

(Mom believes that N must have outside money coming in. “Maybe they ought to be looking at N as being the source of that DMB, 'cause there ain’t no way they make that much money working for the government. Wait–government!? Okay, alright. Why send foreign aid when we can be buying N’s cologne!” She then went into muttering about “bougie vampires.”)

10 Likes

From this ask

Nah, they’re not rich. They are generally provided everything they need by The Agency, but they do get a sort of income. But it’s not enough to really do much.

and this one

The Agency provides what their agents need. Units tend to live in facilities and have their needs provided for, including all necessities and any luxuries (which are deducted from their pay).

If N isn’t able to convince the agency that these are “totally necessary to do my job” then I’m convinced they must have some kind of side job or past wealth to afford all these luxuries. That, or they’re in debt to the Agency because of fancy body care items. :joy:

Also I hope my constant citing of Sera’s asks isn’t annoying. I just have horrid memory so I try to look stuff up. I’m frequently proven wrong by my own searching, lol.

4 Likes

Time for my daily compilation of my favorite answers!! :grin:

Nate/Nat’s scent is earthier and natural. Like a fresh morning dew. They do wear cologne/perfume—the expensive stuff, of course, lol. A drop of their cologne/perfume probably costs more than champagne :smiley:

I don’t think I’ll ever get over N only ever wanting the best. First it was the silk pajamas, then it was shampoo whose cost would cover the MC’s grocery bills for a few weeks, now it’s champagne that costs more than what I’m pretty sure the MC makes in a month.

N, you luxury slut, I love you.

A eats—sometimes, if forced into a human mission. Perhaps they’ll be forced to eat something at the carnival to keep their cover? I goddamn hope so.

Also, for the prom ask:

How has nobody mentioned F’s response:

F would look down at themself and be like, ‘Oh my god, you’re totally right!’, to which they would then grin wide and be happy to play the part of royalty, haha!

@Mewsly what if F was royalty???

And yes, our Darling Doug knows how to talk to kids I’m so proud of him for some reason.

For the Rebecca tattoo thing:

My guess? An embarrassing tattoo of Woodstock on her ass.

Why?

Because I really like that episode of That 70’s Show, lol.

[chanting]
Unit Whiskey, Unit Whiskey, Unit Whiskey!

How has no one mentioned the possibility of nicknames??? This is amazing y’all!!!

N, ffs, that’s not ice-cream that’s just cold cream cheese with cherries, you h e a t h e n.

My comment has nothing to do with this ask, I just wanted to reveal my headcanon that Unit Whiskey is the unit the Agency calls on when you need someone to infiltrate parties/bars/alcoholic establishments/baseball/football (soccer) games—and they’re great at it, damn it.

Better than Unit B in crowed situations, at least.

U!W Leader: Oh, it’s super easy. Humans don’t even pay attention in crowds of that size. All you have to do is get up close to your target and pretend you got so drunk that you fell asleep near them, and bam instant surveillance.
F: But what about how loud those baseball games can get?
Leader: Beer.
F: [taking notes] Interesting…
A: F, no.
M: F, yes.

10 Likes

I can relate to this so much it is ridiculous… *couch the werewolf discussion of this morning couch *

And no, I doubt anyone finds your citing of Tumblr asks bothersome.
I for one enjoy it greatly when people do, because I am not a frequent Tumblr visitor.

4 Likes

@Vicarious I’m a nerd, so I love it when people cite their sources, lol

1 Like