The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (Discussion) FAQ Located on Post 2

I don’t know why but I get the feeling here that A out of the bunch has pent up sexual urges and probably would go rough enough to literally break the bed like that movie with Uma Thurman.

6 Likes

I wouldnt be suprised if that happens

Imagine A!!!

F: Sooooooo, I heard you went “chillaxing” with the Detective last night.
A: …Chillaxing?
F: I learned it from Tina–not the point. Stop distracting me! Tell me how it went!
A: [raises eyebrow] Why are you so interested in the movie we watched?
F: …movie? …Watched?
A: Yes! Watched, that’s generally what you do with a movie!
F: Not when you Netflix and chill!
A: Why do you keep saying that??
F: Because it’s code for sex!
A: [short circuits]
F: [begins cackling]

And then A spends the next week and a half in a daze.

28 Likes

why do you post such good stuff when I am out of likes??

Yeah, they really need to create a new badge:

Wayhaven Fanatic

You earn this badge when you’ve replied ten times in a Wayhaven Chronicles thread.
We know your kind so here’s a billion likes a day, good luck.

8 Likes

Seeing how this thread got 2k comments in like 2 weeks, they should lol anyways I’m off for the night! Have a good one. I’ll see y’all later.

2 Likes

Same.

G’night everyone!

2 Likes

Wait a second… I have romanced both Ava and Morgan, and until now each time my detective gets hit unconscious by the thrall they rush to help, picking the detective up in bridal/princess style. So that is not a Nat-only thing, right? Or do you mean something else with princess-style… Maybe I should just romance Nat and Farah as well… but Morgan…

I think N will have the most issues! I mean, N is the only one mother dear didn’t approve of. Rebecca was fine with you throwing dirty looks at M or dating anyone, but she frowned when you and N looked and smiled at each-other. There’s something fishy there! That vampire has issues…

@rose-court I am late, i know. Time zones are to blame :sweat_smile:
It is done already, but i’m saying my reasons either way.
I read the code, but not very throughly so i might have missed something. Anyway, as far as i know, the differences when you change the MC’s gender are:

*The touched places change. A female MC gets the thigh scene while a male MC gets touched around the chest or so. But it’s understandable because it’s a lot more sexual to touch a female’s chest than a male’s. (Also the pet names, but it’s understandable)
*Felix tries to kiss the cheek of a female MC and the hand of a male one.
*Douglas tries to smoulder you or something as a female, but not as a male. But he’s a teenage boy (probably a straight teenage boy) so that might be why he’s a bit more enchanted by a female MC.
*And the whole pinning M thing that depends on M’s gender and not yours. This is basically the only one that is unfair because even a female M is stronger than a male MC will ever hope to be so i don’t know why.

Anyway, personally, i would be too reluctant to buy a game if i was told there are different scenes for different genders because i’d think of it as sexist. There’s really only one different scene so i do not consider it necessary to include that. Or at least include that there’s little difference. I believe the whole “different gender, different scenes” is translated as “different choices and different results” which is true for the pinning scene, but only for that and that label could hurt the game more than help it. Also, i haven’t really seen the question “what will change if i play as a different gender” be asked much in these sort of games. (Maybe except the Choice of Romance one where people were pretty pissed off)

But i don’t really mind anyway so do whatever you think would be best. I already got the game before anyone said anything about different genders=different scenes and i’m thankful for that.

7 Likes

I’m here super late and I don’t know if this has been solved or someone has suggested it, but what about making a new topic of The Wayhaven Chronicles FAQ. And then we could put all the answers there and add links to Sera’s Tumblr with her answers.

Now I’m going to proceed to read the 147 messages I have to read.

Ok, for that ask, I remember Sera said she is going to implement a choice at the start of every book to change your romance option if you wish. This will mean, the code of the game will interpret it as if you romanced a different RO in the past books. So, for example, if you romanced M but want to switch to N, you will have the option, but it will not be a breakup, just a “you were always romancing N”.

1 Like

Sera did say “tragically noble” suited N perfectly.

2 Likes

Oh god that reminded me of the “come over” scenario xD

MC: Baby come over. I wanna watch Netflix and Chill. :wink:
M: I don’t know what a “Netflix” is and I’m not interested. I have better things to do with my time, detective.
MC: … :expressionless:
MC: It means sex, M. I wanna have sex.
M:
s

21 Likes

So, I’ve been reading that there is differences between how the ROs act wether the detective is male or female, is that right? But both my gameplays I’ve played as non-binary so… Does anybody know if Sera has made another act pattern for nbs, different from the male and female? Or did she just mix the male and female pattern, or even just picked up the male or female to be the nb as well…?

Non-binary is 90% female and 10% male if my memory hasn’t failed me. Even the pet names were the same as the female ones. But the differences when you change genders were so small, basically inexistent.

2 Likes

It varies per scene and what the variation is. When there are differences, most of the time the variation is male vs female+nb as @Pizza_is_good mentioned, but there’s also scenes where male, female and nb detectives all get their own variation.

1 Like

I finish book one so sad and so happy. I look forward for book two.story and Romance are well written and no need to flirt

Keep good job

MC: babe, come over
M: I can’t I’m busy being edgy
MC: I have smokes
M:
images

8 Likes

Wait what??

Do you play a Female MC or a male one? I played a Male one when I romanced A and M and they didn’t pick me up.

@Anathema Perfection!

1 Like

Game like this I really hope there’s a s/l system.There’re some parts I really want to go back to,like when my mc told ava she doesn’t think she’s a monster