The Return of Flight DC-146 (Possible WiP)

Thank you for editing things. Will you be having a go at making it a choice game now? Do you plan to place the main character into the role of one of the investigators, or into the role of someone who was on the flight?

There’s a few ideas that I have in mind. First, one of the main characters, Ming Long, didn’t escape with the other two and is still being held in the facility. I was thinking there could be a story in which she starts exhibiting powers, but is trained by the United States government to use them to track down James and Ling.

Another idea for it also takes place after the main story. It puts you as an agent trying to work out why DC-146 vanished completely for eight months. I’m imagining that to be a kind of detective game where you need to use your thinking skills to find out the truth.

The third one may follow the two main heroes, James and Ling, shortly after they escape the facility and try to get control of their new powers. I plan on making a sequel, but that would follow the characters months later, after they learn how to control their powers.

There are a million other arguments that could be made against using flight MH-370 in this story that I would understand and even agree with. The fact that it’s ‘too soon’ or in sympathy to the families of those who were on the flight is not one of them. Even if I did agree with said arguments, I still don’t consider it my place or anyone else’s to tell the OP what they can or cannot write about. Just as everyone here has the freedom to voice their opinion on this matter, the OP has the freedom to write about whatever it is he wishes.

However, he has now reconsidered and changed the subject matter and that nulls this whole argument. A shame, I was having so much fun.

@FairyGodfeather @Grapefruit Thank you both for indulging me in this discussion. I look forward to doing it again in another year or so.

What makes for the most interesting story? Which is the one you’d want to tell?

Hey, I could write something more offensive. Would that keep you going?

The first and the third one I find the most interesting. What do you think?

I think it depends on what sort of story you want to tell.

Well, they must of had a lot of fuel for 8 months of flying

I’m up for either, but I’m asking you.

The aliens gave them a top-up for free :stuck_out_tongue:

@Thomas_Nixon
@FairyGodfeather- I agree with you. The author is giving experiences and emotions to the reader, not the other way around. I (but I don’t talk for all people) tend to stick with what I know, even though I would like better what I didn’t know or understand.

My opinion on this is that the writer should be able to write whatever they want. Yes it’s a very sensitive subject but the writer has the right to do what they want without feeling resticted on what they can write.

[quote=“Boman19, post:32, topic:5732, full:true”]
My opinion on this is that the writer should be able to write whatever they want. Yes it’s a very sensitive subject but the writer has the right to do what they want without feeling resticted on what they can write[/quote]
Yes. I believe in the freedom of speech way of it. But just because they have the right to do something doesn’t mean they have the right to expect others not to be upset.

Of course the writer has a right to write whatever they like (as long as it’s not libel). But just because you have a right to do something doesn’t mean you should do it, let alone that you have a right to encouragement from others.

For anyone coming to the thread for the first time, by the way, it might be worth noting that Thomas_Nixon has edited the thread title and first post in light of the discussion three days ago.