The Passenger is OUT!

does this happen when you try to load a saved game?
because that’s an issue with dashingdon, not the game itself :slight_smile:
if that’s the case the only thing you can do is restart from the beginning :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I never really flirted with Johnny till now and he stated my Newman was roach’s and roach was in love with Newman :thinking: can’t be true ,right ?

1 Like

Not sure if it’s a rhetorical question, but it has to do with something Roach told him. Here’s how the chat went

10 Likes

Oh wow I love that short, dlc roach and Johnny’s conversation that we didn’t see. I’d buy that.but I thought it was just a ruse to get Newman there? :thinking:

1 Like

Yep.

Why you break my heart ?? :broken_heart: seriously I love roach , going to lock him in a panic room :smiley: he can’t pretend to love Newman and just say it’s a ruse …:smiley:.

2 Likes

Just wanted to say that I know I’m incredibly late to this, but it is really, really amazing work! I’m only at the start of Chapter 3 so far; I’ll hopefully have time over the next few days to get to the end, but so far it’s absolutely great. I’d been craving something both funny and scary, and this story really delivers on both counts, and it’s a fantastic, creative concept. I’ve got no substantial suggestions on what I’ve read so far (other than that I hope the rest of it will be as good): I did pick up a few typos and such, which I’ll put under a spoiler tag below.

“Pleads” is a verb, not a noun. You probably want “torrent of pleas” instead.

“I’ll LEAVE the body exploring to you guys” OR “to you two”. “You two guys” sounds a bit off.

Either “you refrain from sighing”, or “you restrain yourself from sighing”. (Refrain is an intransitive verb).

Don’t actually have a comment on this, other than that I can do that fingers thing, and I’m thrilled that us flexible cartilage types are finally getting some representation here!

passenger5
I think the phrase is actually “piqued your interest”.

“lodged inside your ear”.

“dozing off”.

Do you mean “howler monkey”? (That’s an actual type of monkey).

Also, Roach is a special treasure. I would greatly appreciate it if you could make them exist in our reality and send them to me, please.

8 Likes

uh, careful. @pimenita might just mail you a literal roach ಠ_ಠ

13 Likes

This gem is going to be awfully long for us to wait!

1 Like

Ha! you should ask @ThomB how much it takes me to comment on their work.

I have freak hands too *high fives you with 90 degree angle fingers*

Thank you for the nice words and the corrections, will add them to the beta :upside_down_face:

Only if you give me Maria Perez Garcia. I need her to kick my ass.
Now I’m picturing them meeting.

Roach: well hullo :kissing:
Maria: Don’t touch me.

You know me too well.

9 Likes

Yes, weird fingers for the win!

Also, since Roach has been on earth for at least a thousand years , they could totally have met! Now all kinds of Easter eggs are hatching in my brain …

5 Likes

Hey gang, I have great news: CH7 is practically over–I just have to write a couple of lines in. With 20k (21k?) words it’s the shortest chapter I’ve written so far, but holy crap, it has a lot of drama in it.

Next step is planning CH8 and starting it–hopefully I’ll be able to do it this week. I think that one will be looong.

Hugs!

42 Likes

Ugggh I usually lurk(literally been following since first post xD) but had to come out of hiding to pterodactyl shriek with joy and say thanks for inspiring me to draw again.

Totally not going to be doodling my Newman wrapped around Roach like an overprotective backpack while (non)threateningly waving their fist around.

Also, your writing style is glorious and my enby self has never felt so seen. I AM an interdimensional God. Thank you. :joy:

10 Likes

And the fan art inspires me to write :grin:

So glad, I’m always a bit anxious when I joke around gender and stuff, but the image of an eight year old staring a their sister in the eye and saying they are an interdimensional god was too beautiful not to add it in.

12 Likes

Yeah, it was done really well and I’m glad you included it as well as the ability to set personal pronouns. Like I love joking around with gender, and you did it without making the gender itself a joke.

I’ll have to work on this art now. >:) Hopefully it turns out nice so I can share it here lol.

5 Likes

I took a look at the rest of the demo, and have a few more (again quite low-level) typos etc. In terms of quality, all I can say is that I was definitely not ready for this to end, and now it has, and I’m all sad :cry: Great, great work all round, and a definite buy from me!

Pedantic typo-hunting in the spoiler tag below.

A few too many uses of the word “smirk” in close proximity for my liking: I’d suggest you try to vary the word-choice a little.

“Check”, rather than “checked” (I believe “check” is American for “tick”).

A super-nerdy point, and one that probably doesn’t really matter, but I happen to have pretty decent Latin (it comes in handy when I want to summon demons), and “sororibus” and “fratribus” are the dative and ablative plural forms. For your purposes, if you’re looking for this to be “real” Latin, you’d probably need “sorores” and “fratres” here. (Also, it’s very gendered: do they not have any enbee acolytes?!)

“Doesn’t” rather than “don’t”.

“Their expression turns contemplative for a moment before they laugh.” (As it’s currently written, “their expression” is the subject of the verb “laugh”, and an expression can’t laugh).

“this comment” (singular)

Delete comma after “Great One”.

Comma rather than semi-colon.

“Would you mind giving me …”

“Special”. (Bit of Spanish sneaking in here?!)

“You’d better not.”

passenger20
Not a comment on this, but literally yesterday, before I read this, I wrote this exact same sentence in my own WIP, and now I’ve had to delete it and replace it in case people who read my WIP think I’m copying you, so thanks a bunch!!!

You wouldn’t say “A lightning”, or “lightningS”. In the first sentence, I’d say something like “a photograph of a lightning strike / a thunderbolt”, and in the second one I’d say “lightning is naturally drawn towards them.”

I hope at least some of this is useful, and congratulations again on an AMAZING piece of work, which I can’t wait to add to my burgeoning collection of hosted games when it comes out!

6 Likes

Please do, I need all the help I can get :sweat_smile:

This is a super useful point. Will change it. Latin isn’t particularly non-binary friendly, but the word I came up with (for Velour when they are nb) is consortio. What do you think? Or maybe there’s something that makes more sense? :thinking:

:dancer:

Great minds think alike? Or maybe we should find a different way of describing soldier-like characters :laughing:

Thanks for taking the time to go through all of it hunting for typos and stuff. I really appreciate it :grin:

3 Likes

the word I came up with (for Velour when they are nb) is consortio . What do you think?

It sounds cool. “Consortio” means “partnership”, though: the word for “partner” is “consors”.

But like I said, consortio sounds cool, and it doesn’t really matter as long as it sounds cool, so definitely feel free to stick to consortio (although it might remind Peep Show fans of the “consultio / consultius” scene!)

2 Likes

there’s also the question of would the cult know/care about this or would they be bastardizing latin for whatever sounded the coolest

7 Likes

So, a year ago on this day I posted CH2, so here’s a tiny thing to celebrate it. Happy valentines!

15 Likes