The Myrmidon (WIP) (Minor update 03/10/2017)

I like this game, it’s cool! :smile: The narrative is really interesting :blush: Though it’s kinda buggy:

prettym2 line 88 nonvariable “joseph”

choicescript_stats line 4: invalid line, this line should start with “percent”, “text” or “opposed_pair”.

Just saying, but do you want a bit of help on the coding part? :open_mouth:

Well I wouldn’t turn it down, but frankly the stats page is (sob) meant to be broken at the moment, but I need to get my head around the auto-test function at the very least…

Well, with *if commands you can keep a lot of things hidden until you want the player to see them! :relaxed:

And this demo is festooned with them. Indeed most of the earlier bugs are due to sloppy implementation of an *if or an *elseif that has fallen under the radar by not being quite broken enough to come up under scrutiny…

Locked in , of course…

What’s that moving under the table ? Oh god . It’s moving . OH GOD.

Seriously now , you fixed (probably, mostly) everything with the last update thingy (at least for me) so that’s nice ! Keep’em coming ! (the update thingies?)

(Also I died at the Deadpool finale :joy:)

When the coroner asks, I will tell them that you died at the Ferris Bueller finale, Sir.

2 Likes

Glad to see female PCs no longer become male when they choose “brain power”, though smartf2 line 67: increasing indent not allowed, expected 0 was 1 still happened to me.

Other then that I’m really enjoying this @Moreau, the story is really pulling me into it.

All for Revenge.

Not to pre-emptively spoil my own narrative, but you think you have a good reason to take revenge? Mr Gray scoffs dismissively at your presumption.

6 Likes

This is definitely intriguing!

• I didn’t have a problem with the pacing I actually found it showed well how passive the drugged up protagonist/sacrifice is at the beginning.

• From what little I’ve glimpsed the other characters are going to be interesting and diverse. (Burned Man’s intro is particularly fun :smile:)

• Choosing different factions to join is gonna be great (and a lot of work for you).

• The whole setup promises so much drama so points for that. (will we ever recover some if not all our memories? how will our past life clash with our new one? how will we react to learning of our nature and for that matter are we aware of it?)

• the way you brought attention back to the bomb/giant turtle summoning thingy was really well written

Looking forward to learning more about this world of yours and trying out the “smart” route.
Oh and I’m getting some Ghost in the Shell vibes so I’m definitely liking it so far.

3 Likes

It’s pretty interesting, so I can’t wait to see this become a full-fledged CoG game some day (no pressure). That aside, there is this error that I’m sure people have pointed out, but I feel the need to mention it anyway.

1 Like

The concept sounds great, I’ll have to try the demo out.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m seeing those all over the place. They’re the sort of code break that the game decided to hide from me throughout my own testing and only release when other people are watching…

OK, “Power of the uniform,” made me laugh.

On a more nit-picky note, some of the writing when Mr Finn and the Lady are talking is a bit of a perspective jump, talking about how he’s feeling when the MC would have no way of knowing that. If the MC isn’t supposed to be the narrator at that point, you may want to make that more clear.

When I chose brown hair, it said it was blonde, and after going through the machine, everyone referred to the MC as male.

Coding has not been a kind mistress to me this night…

3 Likes

I didn’t notice any troubles for the choices I picked, but this story is really intriguing! Though in honesty, Radjack is an odd name.
So if we are not this android, how do the physical description choices play into this?

1 Like

Message received, from now on character’s name is Tim.

You ARE the android, that’s the key plot point in the prologue. The person you were ‘based’ on might well have a whole lovely life but you’re not the same person as them. The problem is that everyone else thinks that you look an awful lot like their old buddy.

8 Likes

I thought you said we were not playing the main character?

1 Like

That was in response to someone stating that they hadn’t gotten very far into the demo (they were still playing as the drugged human) and I was trying to hint that that character was about to be killed and replaced with a robotic doppelgänger that would be the REAL main character.

Confusing? Yes. Even for me. Especially for me.

14 Likes

This is a really interesting and unique game, I like it!
The characters are pretty interesting and pretty well fleshed up for a beginning. :blush:
I’m already intrigued by the Radjack and Mr. Gray. :smirk:
I have to say, you’ve done an impressing start. :smile:

5 Likes

Thanks, I’ll definitely take a closer look at that scene between Calinas and Finn, switching perspectives is not something that comes easily to choicescript.