The Lonely Shore [WIP] (114k words) (update Feb 25)

A strong opening! Good luck with this story, I’ll keep an eye on it’s development.

1 Like

gasp Horror? In MY forum? Heck yes.

Click Me

Parents who make kids babysit other kids are the worst. Stop dumping your responsibility for your children on your other children. If you can’t handle that, you should have stopped at one, at most.

Your.

Errant space.

This is very promising. Can’t wait to read more. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Error

@Luke_Storm @Ashi @FabulousBlasphemer @Nemorah Thank you so much!! I’m glad y’all enjoyed <3

@Dodger Ty!! I hadn’t heard of From before posting my wip but it’s been mentioned a couple of times now, it sounds really interesting!!

@JBento I’m so excited to bring some horror it’s my favorite genre <3

Title

Thank you so much btw! The errors should be corrected.

And I absolutely feel you! I’m planning on giving the player a chance to determine how the MC feels about their parents, since I think there’s the potential for a lot of (deserved) negative feelings all around!!

@Loveless98 I’m super sorry but I can’t seem to recreate the error and currently my tests are coming out clear, so I’m not sure what caused this one. Please let me know if you encounter it again!

1 Like

This is really good so far! I’m excited to see where this mystery goes! I really like your prose style, it’s really engaging. It made character creation a lot of fun. There’s a lot of good atmosphere too, which I’m a big fan of!

1 Like

@Greytrap1 Genuinely tysm this is so sweet!! I’m glad you enjoyed it. I had a ton of fun trying to weave character creation into the narrative so I’m glad it ended up being fun to play through c:

4 Likes

YES!! A horror IF…oh my god…i’m in crying fat tears of happiness, there’s not nearly enough out there. I haven’t played through this yet but i’ve bookmarked it and i’m salivating at the thought of tearing into it :face_holding_back_tears:

2 Likes

@loomy I’m glad you’re excited!! Horror is genuinely my favorite genre, I’m excited to get to share the beginnings of my own lil horror story with the forums. I hope you enjoy if you get a chance to read!

9 Likes

Mini Devlog:

I’ve posted a few short devlogs over on tumblr and figured it was about time I type one up here! Over the past month I’ve been hard at work on chapter one. Currently the first chapter is at just over 33,000 words, which puts us at about 87,000 total (all without code). My goal is to equal or surpass the demo in length; which is definitely shaping up to be the case!

I’ve been going back and forth on finishing and editing the first half of chapter one and publishing it, or waiting until the entire chapter has been written and polished. I haven’t come to a conclusion yet one way or another.

Regardless, I’d really love to have the chapter finished by the end of February.

32 Likes

Great so far. The backstory is solid, looking forward to see how the MC relationship develops with the little sibling. I especially love the little detail that you put in such as the fish theme decor and the TV hospital. Somehow those little things had me hook to your style of writing. Looking forward for your updates

2 Likes

I think it’d be pretty nice if there was a cheat option so you could focus on the story, I think it’s really good though!

2 Likes

@Danii Oh, tysm!!! I’m glad you enjoyed it so far. I love adding those little details, to me it feels like I’m rounding out the world a little bit.

@BckSlash Thank you! I’m not completely sure what kind of cheat option you’re thinking–something like showing the stat changes, or maxing stats? Or something else? Just curious!! I’m glad you enjoyed though!

5 Likes

@apothe0sis Definitely some simple stuff like maxing out the stats :slight_smile:

@BckSlash Gotcha!! Different modes like that are definitely something I’m considering once I’ve got more of the story written.

2 Likes

This is a fascinating read. Looking forward to more!

2 Likes

ohh!! i can’t wait for more of this one. :black_heart:

1 Like

@AranaLim @loonalullaby Thank you both!! I’m glad you enjoyed.

Also, a minor update: I’ll be dropping the first big update by the end of the week! I’ll make a bigger post along with the updated demo in the next few days <3

14 Likes

It’s a really intriguing start of the story, I’m really hooked :0

1 Like

CHAPTER ONE (part one) UPDATE:

• Added Wordcount: 59,904 (114,296 total)
  • New content warnings can be found here.
  • The variables in the prologue have been updated a lot, so saves will break. I suggest starting with a fresh save!
  • In this update you can wake up, get to know your host better, revisit the lake (or visit a gas station in the middle of nowhere), get breakfast, and meet Beck and Perri. and nothing else weird will happen at all i promise <3

Updated Demo HERE

29 Likes

so excited!!!

1 Like