The Grim and I by Thom Baylay

Hey everyone!! Just a reminder that the competition deadline for my other series of games The Evertree Saga is next Friday! If you’d like a chance to design a character for my next book, it’s still not too late! Find out more details here

T x

2 Likes

Hey, just wanted to say that this game is beyond beautiful (I cried multiple times, the love route particularly destroyed me). I know this question has come up a few times already, but I just wanted to ask @ThomB: is there actually a set explanation for how our character died that it’s possible to discover and/or deduce from the story, or that you had in mind while writing it? Or is it meant to be left open to interpretation? (I know it’s a major theme of the story that finding out how you died doesn’t bring you peace, so I understand if you prefer not to share, but I am so curious).

9 Likes

I’d second that sentiment especially considering the game has been out for a while at this point. So I’d love to know if the author had a specific cause of death in their head and if it’s able to be worked out in-game for the player to know. I know however many months ago when I played this as it came out I found a number of weak leads that didn’t point to anything too specific. I remember thinking we got magically pushed out of a window but that doesn’t resolve anything

6 Likes

A bit unrelated to the topic being asked but I wonder if there are other specific scenes we get that are unique to our Grim Reaper form? :thinking:
I’ve always played with hound grim reaper because we got to play fetch with them at one scene, it’s just so damm cute

6 Likes

Haha I’m glad you like that scene. It was fun to write.

To answer your question: Yes, every reaper gets their own unique moment. Some are longer than others and some are only available on certain story paths. The exception is Thanatos, as getting him as your reaper is the unique scene with Charon. There isn’t then another unique scene later.

9 Likes

Hey, I just want to say thank you for creating such a game. I was going through a rough patch then and I just happened to stumble on the game when I was trying to get my mind off things. Made me somewhat realise that I needed to focus on what’s important to me.

4 Likes

You’re very welcome @Redhood53. It makes me very happy to hear that. It’s the reason I wanted to write the story. I wish you all the best!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.