The Great Game (WIP)

But the houses also give boosts to strength (Yewbeam), charm (Loreley) or intelligence (Hoshizora). If you don’t want to add more houses, you should remove or rebalance this boost.

I wouldn’t mind more “minor ROs”, why shouldn’t the MC be able to have some causal fun?

Nah, Jean’s had plenty of people asking for a non-locked Guenevere. With her, as with every other author I’m aware of in the last couple of years who’s articulated a reason for having a gender lock (male or female), people accept the decision, whether or not they agree, and it quickly stops being an issue.

That said: I do think there’s good reason to welcome genderlocked female games, especially historical ones. In a medium where the default protagonist is (still) a white straight male and women’s roles in the exciting bits of history rarely get turned into games, I’ve got no hesitation in supporting both genderlocked female games and genderflipping ones. They’re both ways of expanding the range of stories games tell – which expands what we consider possible and normal.

7 Likes

@WulfyK I am afraid I don’t see why this is necessary, sure it gives a minor bias to the relative attributes but that is only to give the player an advantage when playing in the respective house’s style. There will be later opportunities to raise other attributes, so it all balances out in the end

@Taleweaver If there will be choices to raise the other stats later, I’ll be satisified. I’m waiting for the release of further cahpters.

@Havenstone

Which is the problem, you cant support female-genderlocked games and forbid the male-locked games.Otherwise you seems like hypocrite at best, and as someone who uses feminism as victim card to gain advantages at worst(just to explain using victim card exist, just as the people ale unlawfully discriminated, it just seems we cant find gold middle way doesnt it ?)

3 Likes

@Taleweaver’s said no female protagonist. The rest of the discussion’s not specifically related to their game, so can we take the discussion of gender-locked protagonists to a separate thread, please? (You too @Havenstone)

While I think it’s important that we do ask people to question their reasons for having a protagonist of a specific gender, and to ask them to consider providing different paths, when the author has clear reasons and has specifically made up their mind on the subject there’s no reason to continue to push through the point.

1 Like

• Respect our authors. When an author posts a thread about their game, provide constructive feedback. If you dislike the game, be sure to explain why, or how it it might be improved.
° When you disagree with a decision that someone has made in their game, feel free to express that disagreement. However, if they continue with their design choices, stop arguing.

FG, you might need to teach me me how to quote from the rules.