The Black Prince (Prequel to The Order of the Rose)- WIP

demo will be up in a day or two, will try to make it long enough to be worthy…

5 Likes

Ok i hope you will get to this concept is interesting.

so I’m going to post a preview of the opening narrative so far minus all the variable (don’t want to reveal those yet.

2 Likes

scene1

The Year of our prophet of the silent god, 1292, the reign of Emperor Rex Alphonse. This was the age of the Duro. The Voken had retreated to their temples and academies, the Hyrgen returned to their forest homes, and the Borgen had occupied the Garden of the Gods. In the ocean, the Waterfolk lived as they had always, and the Hir’sill roved the land in small bands. Humankind being the inferior species, they were still slaves to the Duro and although their population was strong, their will was weak.

It was in this year, that you were born. The one who would be the Bearer of a Thousand Names, the Godborn of Khit, the God of Calamity and Fortune. For only in great times of strife does great fortune appear to those in need, the legends say.
You were born in a
*fake_choice
#Large City known as Breehofen.
*goto_scene1.1
#Small hamlet of Riverton.
*goto_scene1.2
#Port City of Liars Port.
*goto_scene1.3
#A manor house in the Whispering Moors
*goto_scene1.4

-scene1.1

You grew up in Breehofen, a large bustling city nestled in the heart of the empire. Protected by massive Hyrgen-crafted walls, the city was guarded by the famous Guild of the Living Stone, who extracted heavy tolls from merchants and traders in the city in exchange for their protection. Your family was…
*fake_choice
#A very wealthy and influential noble house. You were born into the House of The Lightless Hearth, an old bloodline that was known in the city for the military might of their knights.
*goto_scene1.1.1
#A merchants family, of the Guild of Sleepless Bankers. Your father held good land and had a reputation as a keen businessman.
*goto_scene1.1.2
#Your father was the steward of the House of Fallen Snow, a minor noble house that ruled the northern gate district with a clever hand.
*goto_scene1.1.3

-scene1.2

Riverton was a small hamlet south of the Frozen Wastes, lying on the Crystal River which was fed by The Northsea. The people here were toughened folk, living in the shadow of the Northemen. Your family was…
*fake_choice
#Your father was the mayor of the village, and although poor, your family name was well-respected in these parts.
*goto_scene1.2.1
#You were farmers, living off the land northwest of the town, with a small herd of Northesheep for milk.
*goto_scene1.2.2
#Hunters. Your family had always lived off the river’s bounties, learning how to catch fish and hunt in the forests nearby was how you spent the majority of your childhood.
*goto_scene1.2.3

-scene1.3

Liars Port, perhaps the most infamous of the empires many cities, was your home. The streets full of beggars (half of whom were thieves, the other half were lookouts), the city was run by the Guild of Sunless Days, The Glass Collective, and The Facta Dioscuri. Growing up you were a….
*fake_choice
#Street Urchin. You spent your days dodging gangs, dockhands, city guards, and scraping out a living as an informant.
*goto_scene1.3.1
#Ganger. You ran with the DevilFish gang, a group of fishermen and pearl divers that were known for their serrated knives.
*goto_scene1.3.2
#Your Mother owned a bordello, The Missing Article. You grew up with the dancers as a sort of extended family.
*goto_scene1.3.3

-scene1.4

The Whispering Moors was your home, a place shrouded by the Mists of Moryn, God of Mystery and Hidden Truths. A vast place occupied by duro and Hir’sill mercenaries, The Moors were a hard place to live. You grew up in…
*fake_choice
#A manor house. Your father was the Knight-Captain of the Houseguard, and you were a warrior in training.
#(choice under construction)
#(work in progress)

5 Likes

I am actually just been super busy with school >.<

3 Likes

Do you want me to lock this thread for you, or are you planning to continue working on this some time soon?

I am continuing work on it right now actuall.

8 Likes

Good to know, and good luck :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Bringing it back. Old files for demo have been found.

22 Likes

The black Prince, eh? Can he be fresh?

…Actually, y’know what, I’ll make my Black Prince Will Smith

2 Likes

@TheWoodSprite will you work on this game first or the order of the rose or both simultaneously??

4 Likes

A wonderful surprise!

3 Likes

This is cracked up. This is more or less the wet dream of every post in WIP’s you’d bring back from the dead. Congratulations!

4 Likes

Working on both right now, this one will likely be done first though.

9 Likes

This sounds so interesting I can’t wait to play it! one question tho will this be genderlocked? Or can you choose your gender?

Ah so the prequel is coming back too.

@TheWoodSprite – Please contact the moderators (@ moderators) if you get a demo up and running for this WiP to reopen the thread.