The Aether: Life as a God

Hello everyone,

Just stopping by to give a psa. I have been hard at work bug squashing and I have just sent in the latest and greatest version to CoG which should fix all of the major problems people were having with the ending. CoG is very unpredictable at times so the update could be out tomorrow or it could take them a week, unfortunately, it’s out of my control, so just keep an eye out for an update.

Patch Notes:

• Added an additional trigger to award the God of War achievement.
  • Reworked most of the dialogue in the final chapter.
  • Gods should no longer inexplicably come back to life in the finale.
  • The Court should no longer accuse you of killing a god you did not.
  • You will no longer end the game with 0 power.
  • Added an additional ending.

I would also like to state that it has just come to my attention CoG has increased the price of the game to $2.99. I was not a part of making this decision nor was I even informed it was happening until I received some nasty reviews on other web stores about a $1 jump in price. Apparently, $1 is worth ~3 stars in rating. I apologize for the inconvenience for people, but hopefully, if you have not done so already, a dollar will not deter you from playing this game once the new update launches!

1 Like

To be fair, CoG always does this. Every single game releases on sale for a week or two and then jumps back to the price it will remain at for the duration.

4 Likes

Very good game. I played and i have to report one thing, in the final in the battle with the titan i killed all of the remaining gods, but in the end two of them remain (i read a scene early of this saying i kill them) and give the option to my join them or no. It’s a bug?
All of the stats of the gods i killed remain in 0% after i killed them, but these two remain at 20-30% I think.
Some questions and sugestions i do now. First, will be a sequel? Second, this will be a series? I will like very much to see it.
Sugestions: RO for the sequel, a god spouse for my god, or one of my creations chose by me for be my spouse. A interessant thing will be a option to develop a relationiship with one of my creations, like the god and one of these creations like a human woman fall in love eachother, like the zeus and hercules history. Will be good to have a demi god son and mortal spouse (could i give imortality to she?). Who will be this woman (military warrior? Common or special people? What i do for she? I save she for a great danger? Help her family?) it’s interessant options.
See quests or be option like pass time with your family is a good thing to, intervene in events of the your son life it’s will be a cool thing too, they will rise up to the aether to be with you or you descend to be with them in a human body created by you? Or both things? Your family could be the imperial family of your worlds?
Other things will be so much awesome it’s continue your race, help them fight other races and conquer other words, terminate species or enlasves them, help them construct a galatic Empire (with a fleet and armies constructed and armed with your help/influence, chose the admirals and generals its good thing too, comend and honor them by their actions too). Consctruting monuments and a palace by you use in your home/capital world it’s a good idea too. Help them with doubts, and the tech develop? Rise to a power postion with your race empire, and encounter other god with the same postion like you, destroy, conquer them or form a aliance? It’s will be a awesome thing to see.
It’s my sugestions.
Thank you by the game, i really enjoy this.
Congratulations by the good work too

1 Like

I have created a major update that fixes all of these problems, but CoG still has not released it… Very frustrating.

3 Likes

The issue getting fixes released is that they usually try to release to all platforms at once, and iOS is stupendously slow at approving updates. That is what I am guessing is the issue here.

2 Likes

@TheMaker
I can appreciate the frustration in not getting your update pushed out as fast as you want, but honestly, you shouldn’t be complaining like this about your publisher in public unless you have already reached out to CoG privately and they ignored you. And even then, you may want to hold it in unless you can frame it in a more constructive manner. It just doesn’t come off as professional. Food for thought, anyhow.

1 Like

I have reached out on several occasions @hustlertwo and only received a response about 25% of the time. This update is stalled because of a minor error in coding that slipped through during release, but doesn’t seem to cause any problems in the released version. I tried asking them if they want me to release an additional update that will correct this problem, even though there are no symptoms, but I haven’t heard from them since. I sent an inquiry again yesterday, but still no response. I am frustrated because their lack of communication and urgency reflects poorly on me, as the author, and I want you all to enjoy the game I poured so much time into. It makes it unlikely that I will want to do business with them again. Not to mention this is all after the fact that it took them a year to release the game in the first place.

4 Likes

I understand your frustation, but it’s not your fault, it’s a minor mistake and not ruin my fun. And i like your history, if they have a sequel i will look for it too. I never see a gamebook with a God MC, a good idea and a good game too.
But good luck with these minor patch, and dont worry, ever the major companies like rockstar or ubisoft have some errors in games :wink:

3 Likes

I for one had a lot of fun messing around in the early chapters, and while I did see the issues that others have reported I’m perfectly willing to wait for a patch. And hopefully a sequel at some point.

3 Likes

A patch has been released! However, they didn’t give me any information, so I’m just assuming they pushed every fix through. Please give it another play through and let me know if your ending is fixed. Obviously, don’t give away any spoilers.

2 Likes

Finally able to get the correct ending for when you are the only one left. Also able to get those couple of missing achievements as well. Thanks again for a great game.

2 Likes

@Blazefox I do not follow your comment??? In what way does this game discriminate against one’s religious beliefs??? If a game can not have different belief systems than your own, then you are the one discriminating not the game. Having played through the game more than a dozen times, about the only belief system that is not represented is polytheistic belief systems.

And note this is a hosted game and not one of their sponsored COG games.

2 Likes

Political correct people see hate in everything
Complete nonsense

2 Likes

I would love to see a sequel; there is potential for more from the plot, especially considering the ending words.
Yeah, getting to continue with our previous race’s stats would be great…
some features I’d like to see:

• find out if consciousness / memory survives at all when one entity syphon another’s energy

• being able to create a paradise for your creatures where they have to renounce all of their free will (perhaps by putting their energies into a world that ressembles an accessory; one that you could carry to protect; one that would allow their individual consciousness to enjoy everlasting, interconnected, lucid dreams ^^)

• having a few select chosen from your race become daemons and eventually gods themselves

• becoming / creating a Titan

• getting incarnate as one of your creatures and promoting Epoch to god in your stead

• getting to “romance”
    A (group of) mortal(s), (with demigod offsprings)
    A god,
    Gaea/Shiva/etc or Epoch, (Asexually, of course. Otherwise would be a bit creepy.)
    Just a political alliance with some flirting added in dialogs. After all we saw two daemon flirting together or something like that through the game, so it seems sensible.

• having your race interact with those of the other gods (wars, alliances, interbreeding)

• interacts more with Gaea/Shiva/etc but still keeping their mystery intact

• creating a race that lives underwater

…There are sooo many ideas ~ so I’ll just say, hopeful, to pick anything you might want, please.

5 Likes

Cheer up, my friend. You wrote a 60k story that’s shaping up to be a best seller. XD Something like that hasn’t happened since Dragon in 2009.

To clarify, you wrote an extremely short story with a (comparatively) high price that nevertheless has great reviews, a good amount of downloads, and presumably good sales. So my point is, well done and I hope you see continued success!

5 Likes

Hello Everyone,

Another update has just been released. I believe it’s already out everywhere except iOS. In this update:

-Countless bug fixes and tweaks.
-Adjusted the rate at which you gain alignment points toward Good/Evil.
-You should now be able to reselect the same options as before when recreating your appearance.
-You should now receive the correct ending to Nothastrus’ quest.
-Ylen should now reward you with the correct amount of power.
-In one of the later chapters, your race should no longer temporarily go from millions to a few hundred population.
-If you choose to go Hunting or to the Court, you will now be prompted to do the other before the end of every chapter. So, now you can do both without fear of missing out on content.

2 Likes

Hey i find it difficult to see how much power something would take.
If someone could list the steps from minor to the maximum power output?

That would be extremely helpful. ^^

1 Like

Generally,

Minor 1-10
Moderate 11-25
Significant 26-50
Major 51-150
Great 150-300
Momentous 301-700
Enormous 701+

Sometimes the cost is dependent upon how much power the player has, for instance, I believe there are one or two cases where “Great Power” could be as little as 60 or 70 in the early game.

3 Likes

I loved the game but is there a continuation?
Since when I got to lone wanderer ending it said
The main character will find the secrets of the aether and that got me curious

6 Likes

Came back to see if there was talk of a sequel or something like that sadly none to my knowledge and i didnt even know there was a patch i should definitely keep up more

1 Like