The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - An affair of the heart (WIP) (Ch 6.2 31 dec 2025)

In my time zone when I posted it it was still Sunday so next week and Friday was still the same thing :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Okay thanks! I am hyped for chapter 4. Hope there is more awkward Watson romance. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

:kissing: there’s some H and W LT/jealousy stuff, does that count?

21 Likes

this is the best choose your own adventure i have ever played in my entire life and i have been playing these insatiably since choice of the dragon came out

4 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Welcome to the forum @lcarus !

That’s :flushed: rather a wonderful compliment. Thank you! :heart:
May I ask, and don’t feel the need to reply unless you feel comfortable to! But what makes you think so? Was there anything in particular you were drawn to? :open_mouth:
Like, was it setting, characters, sherlock mc, vibe, or anything really?
(I’m always curious what it is people like—what the strengths are so I can make sure I don’t forget to continue doing them and how the game is perceived by first time players :sweat_smile: Oh and the game’s weaknesses are also very interesting to hear! Especially from someone who’s played a lot of game! :heart: )

7 Likes

yknow, i do love very specific settings and well defined characters and well defined mcs, but all those things alone are not especially capturing unless it is well written and well paced and your work is both of those, very very much.
i also love customization for little things that impact gameplay, that is pretty much my favorite thing in a game, and you’ve got that in spades. i loved the character creator, the choice of vice, the choice of how attractive your character is, all of it was so interesting and well done. and it makes replaying so much fun. i’m excited to see more of how the choices will impact the game.
as far as weaknesses, i just wish there was more to play! haha, but i don’t mean to rush you, because what you have is a masterpiece, truly.

5 Likes

Sorry for the late reply I am so socially awkward haha plus I only just learned how to quote reply today!

It was nothing inherently bad that you did I assure you so don’t think that :grinning: I just don’t have the best experience playing some games which are based on my favourite things.

For example; American McGee’s video game Alice- great, fun, dark, different - I loved it. Whereas cyberpunk 2077…the less said to the better. Not to mention the manyyy versions of shows/films that have crucified novels that I adore.

Anyway basically your game is great. I’m excited for the update. Your writing is fab. And it really captures the sherlockian world perfectly :heart:

3 Likes

CH4 AND PATREON RELEASE!

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

tumblr_4158b8d3d7e39e97075a99f949afb549_28e6c040_500

58 Likes

Is chapter four only available on Patreon or do you have chapter four and Patreon?

8 Likes

Available exclusively on Patreon (for the moment), yes. But it won’t stay there too long. Im just gonna let the patrons have it, while I polish it further and also work on wrapping up chapter 5 :kissing_closed_eyes:.

38 Likes

Depressed detective? Diverse romantic options? A weird pigeon! Aw yeah, that’s the stuff. Played through a while ago and can’t really add anything else that hasn’t already been praised. I’m wondering though, how harsh will the consequences of failing to solve future cases be? I understand if it’s too much of a spoiler to reveal, but please have mercy on us who aren’t good at puzzles :joy:

13 Likes

Thanks for the hard work, we appreciate it. I’m a fan of this story, the title put me off at first but the writing is pretty good and feels like an original professional story albeit on the romance side which I like.

7 Likes

@Aestheticus :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart: :heart:
There will be consequences to being a bad detective, yes—buuut, I’m thinking of adding an easy mode when that becomes relevant :smiling_face: So there’s no need to worry! (+ guides would probably happen too).

:face_with_peeking_eye: Don’t tell Doyle that :face_with_hand_over_mouth: But thanks! :pray: It’s always nice to know the time spent is appreciated :heart:

12 Likes

@lcarus @parisgracex
Thank you both so much! Sorry, in finishing ch4, I forgot to reply to these!

:heart: :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart: :heart: :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart: :heart:

I’d love to hear your take on ch4 when it’s released—with regards to pacing—because the chapter can vary quite a lot with that depending on the choices the mc makes / H relationship, and I want to know if the, well if the player gets the pace they expect to get, that it makes sense :thinking:

Ah, okay :laughing: I get that!

:heart:

4 Likes

@Doriana-Gray I’m very late to the villain-romance party but I hope CoG will give you all the freedom you need to go CRAZY with them :smiling_imp:

Ff I may ask, do you have any idea how many chapters you want to have in this book & it is a series right, RIGHT? It’s too amazing to not be a series!!! :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

:laughing: haha, we shall see. But I do have some great (possible) scenes planned :smirk:

:knot: :chair: :kiss:

I’m thinking of restructuring the scope to being a bit smaller while also putting some of the chapters together (cog readers seem to prefer long chapters) so that’s still in the air.
It’s not a series, actually. It’s standalone. The same vibe that the original books have where the mystery is wrapped up and the story is told—but there’s a sense that the characters will continue having adventures long after we stop following their tale. That’s kinda what I’m going for.

35 Likes

Hi, just me dropping in to tell you that I haven’t forgotten about the public release of ch4. I’m thinking probably either the 4th or 11th of August—I’ll let you know soon which it will be! (Polishing is mostly done, I just want to add a few more choices and variations).

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart::heart:

55 Likes

I mean releasing the fourth chapter on the fourth I think is fun but release it when it feels right. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I’ve played this over and over again like 4 times and can’t get enough of this, I can’t wait for chapter 4 (the fourth would rlly be good but just do it whenever just like @Xarena said)
I might know what :knot: :chair: :kiss: means :wink:

6 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: If I’m done by the time the fourth rolls around I’ll def do it just because the four-four :laughing::sparkles:

:heart::heart::pleading_face: Thank you so much for playing!

:smirk: I’d love to hear y’all’s theories :relieved:

5 Likes