The Abyssal (WIP) - 11/23 DEMO Update. Play as death itself!

Oh yes, I didn’t mean it was bad! I even mentionned myself after the previous update that it made sense, and I still think that way!
The issue is more related to the “WIP format” right now, since well, we have to wait in between updates and so, it seems like a very long time to be playing with a MC that doesn’t really “fit” the image one wants. When there will be more content at once, and some choices that lead in the “correct” direction, it will be better. That’s why I was simply asking when will that happen, not suggesting adding some different options to the already written content!

With that being said, I think there is the fact MC is so set on revenge on everyone, despite the fact some of them were clearly more involved than the others. Though I guess the feelings of anger will lessen quicker for the ones less involved? :thinking:
I still don’t want to kill any of them though :rofl:

I kiiind of understood that, but hmm… The thing is, in the case of dreams and nightmares, the option said so explicitly - that it is dreams AND nightmares. All the others only present one aspect of the dominion, and I have a hard time determining what would be the other aspect, so they don’t seem to fit at all as it is.

Ah, good to know I did understand that one correctly, at least!
Will Death be able to feel remorse about that in the future?

7 Likes

Our brother will have loads of kids if he has so many flings ahaha

7 Likes

I think William Shakespeare spoke something in his plays regarding the relationship of dreams with death.

3 Likes

I’m confused, so are they like the other gender flippable ROs except lore wise they can actually change genders but will stick with Deaths preference and sexuality?

12 Likes

I’m pretty sure that means Amorr is genderfluid, but based on Death’s preferred gender that’s the gender they’ll stay as.

7 Likes

Yeah I understand I’m just asking how it’ll work during the romance.

4 Likes

Oh lol, I misread that then. Just ignore me.

5 Likes

It’s cool, no worries.

5 Likes

The game asks us our romantic preferences than asks us what our relationship to Sol is without communicating that Sol is genderlocked.

Either make Sol gender flippable or have the game actually communicate that Sol will remain male before a player with no interest in male love interests has to restart the game from the beginning.

Becuase when a game gives me the option to set RO genders, I expect the game to actually do so.

3 Likes

It says in the FAQ that Sol will be genderlocked.

25 Likes

They have stated plenty of times that sol is not gender flippable and will stay male plenty of times if you can just read.

32 Likes

Many times it’s been stated sol is gender locked. This is nothing new. It’s even stated in the ro descriptions where the author states the genders right before their looks.

26 Likes

@Nostalgiafan I’m guessing what they’re trying to say is that if the player chooses to set all ro gender preferences to something other than male then the option to romance sol should not pop up for those respective players who don’t really prep themselves 'fore playing the demo by reading up on all available sources and don’t know about genderlocked ro’s outside their preference.i mean after all tbh not everyone reads q&a or ro descriptions the first time trying a demo(fear of spoilers for me)

10 Likes

Maybe they should read it so the author doesn’t have to repeat the same answer thousands of times. It’s not that difficult to just go there and get the information. Especially when he/she comes off being rude in the statement.

19 Likes

Well ofc never tried to say that I think it’s right (or wrong) for that matter just what I do
After all if I find the story enjoyable I will hunt down all the info on the thread then to Tumblr like an annoying gremlin begging authors for more info lol

7 Likes

This is just the demo but when the game goes public, a lot of players who will read it will not be reading the forums so OP’s actual point is actually a really good one if the author wants to avoid annoyed players leaving negative reviews. I remember how pissed off straight guys were when they accidentally picked the male prostitute based on his name (Angel) in Cyberpunk and raised up a storm about it even though that game tells you which one is male and which one is the female option. Better safe than sorry.

No offense to author meant, I am planning on playing a male character romancing Sol.

10 Likes

I want to mention that the game says: “As of this moment there are six ROs, four of them have selectable genders while the other two are gender-locked to male.”
This is NOT a romantic orientation selection for the MC, it’s just a meta question to select the genders of the gender selectable ROs.
Sure, most people would select the gender they are interested in, but at the end of the day, there is no issue with the way it is now (as in, there is no false information or mistake). That selection shouldn’t prevent from romancing Sol - it’s up to the players to decide what they want to do with him.

With that being said, considering Sol is and will always be male, I DO agree it would be good to have Sol’s gender specified before selecting the relationship Death had with him, for the reasons stated above - when people will play the finished game, they won’t know about the ROs when starting and they may think it’s about one of the gender-flippable characters.

PS: sorry for the edits - typos typos typos… Must be sleeping still!

10 Likes

@No_This_Is_Patrick Yes, like all the other gods they can change their physical appearance at will, and Amorr is no different. I’ll give the player the option of choosing their gender and sexual/physical appearance in a way that feels more ‘organic’, for the lack of a better word. Probably when they start a relationship or right before that.

@stsword @Vexilcvb @Semi-Lovable @Nostalgiafan @Cicada @heavy_bullet @Konoi I understand where some might get confused when choosing the genders of the ROs. I’ve made some changes that hopefully will clear things out. Let me know what you guys think.

Just a reminder, I’m open to every constructive criticism you guys might have about the game, and I’ll happily make the necessary changes. It is not my intention to offend anybody in anyway, specially regarding the player’s sexual orientation. As stated by @Konoi, the option to choose the ROs genders is just a meta question, it does not represent the MC’s sexual orientation.

29 Likes

I think it’s good with the possibility to ask which is which at the start of the game. But then again, I didn’t even notice this could be an issue before people pointed it out, since I knew about Sol AND I’m interested in male characters so eh…
I guess you should wait and see other opinions too!

5 Likes

Can we have a canonical female ro ? :relaxed:
Who are the mortal race created for Death ?

4 Likes