Stats without percent

Here’s a question I should have asked ages ago:

Is there a way to display a bar on a *stat_chart that doesn’t put percent signs or the percent number on it?

An alternative to *percent ?

1. Not anymore. I think the new version just automatically adds percent signs in.

2. Yes, but you can’t do that in a way that’s supported by Choice of Games.

Well, you can do it, using a lot of *if statements and the *image command- for example

*if (stat=0)
----*image stat0bar.jpg
*if (stat=1)
----*image stat1bar.jpg

etc. etc. etc.

This would require a lot of work, and is unlikely to be worth it, but is (to the best of my knowledge) the only CoG-supported way to do it. It would take lots of work for something people may not fully appreciate though. With lots of different stats, you could still just have 100 images but have the stat name with a colon before it- it would save some work, but may not look perfect. Just a suggestion; I’d personally just keep the percent sign and avoid a lot of work though.

This is one of those things that could EASILY be done with the TINIEST changes to some CSS and Javascript - but we still have no indication as to how much we can do that before they’ll refuse to host it/it’ll stop working on certain platforms.

I asked for the android wrapper a few weeks ago so I could test things myself, but no word on that yet… So - currently - no, you can’t officially do it in a “supported format”.

@CJW my way is 100% supported :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s just a bit… unorthodox. And completely inefficient. I’m not sure about the ‘next button’ query though- from an aesthetic point of view I can see why you want to do it, but to do it in a way such that your game can still be hosted is very hard (perhaps even impossible).

@jasonstevanhill @dfabulich

Just a bit of thread necromancy here, but I was wondering if COG has any plans to allow the disabling of the percent sign in the percent command of *stat_chart ?

Wow, it was a little bit of thread necromancy then, but now I’m REALLY digging up an old post. But, my question is still there.

Anyone know, has this finally been added to core CS?

@jasonstevanhill @dfabulich

1 Like