Stat locked friendships/romances/that sorta stuff

Its fine with me. I have been annoyed by stat lock ros before but that’s because it was literally, “are you good or evil” regardless of what they’ve seen of you. I mean some people are shallow or want something in a partner. It comes down to escapism vs realism. Having everyone have no standards sounds a little odd, just as having everyone have high standards is. Plus I’m very fond of pissing people off anyway.

1 Like

I’ve considered adding a rivalmance system, but I might be biting more off than I can chew with that. Maybe later on

1 Like

A well that sounds fair. and has sense I am just tired of visual novels stupid requirements that doesn’t allow role playing and have ZERO SENSE. like wtf i lost points in romance x character because I choose eat a damn chocolate ice cream. I prefer mint ice cream he said -5 points in a relationship…

I AM LOOKING AT YOU NICOLE :roll_eyes: Flirt with other guy in his face no problem whatsoever. But eat chocolate -5 points? How wrote that game?

8 Likes

That sounds like fun, then! (also I feel ya on the rivalmance. Been juggling it just becaise it’d be a fun add to the style of my WIP but the logistics get nutty fast). As someone who largely romances only one or two people in a game just… Repeatedly as different MCs, variance makes things more interesting.

This is why I don’t play VN as often as I used to. I remember one game (a free, but very nicely put together one whose name escapes me) where you absolutely cannot get a perfect ending on a route without completely flunking a project. A group project with another friend of yours who now also failed, good job you wonderful MC

6 Likes

Exactly my point. Now I read if paths are tied to stats or gifts if so No way I am playingit. So now hardly play any VN. I want a role-playing with sense were you could romance something in a organic way. Not based in if he likes socks or mint.

6 Likes