Serious Achievement Problem SOLVED

I am new here and I’m not sure if this is the right category but I have a serious problem with the achievements.I can’t currently embed media and I am running out of patience for someone to promote me to a higher trust level.

The problem comes when I try to run-server but it tells me:Invalid achievement.Title must be fifty characters or fewer:The swordsman(lots of space)Get the sword as your primary weapon.The actual code is(the identations are alright in notepad.)
*achievement weaponthree visible 10 The Swordsman
Get the sword as your primary weapon
Got the sword as your primary weapon

This passes both quicktest and 1000 iterations of randomtest but run-server reads it as a bug.I have tried downloading a new choicescript zipped folder and deleting its startup and copying the other startup file to the new choicesript zipped folder.

I manage it by indenting(leaving a full line between the title of the achievement and the pre-earned description and run-server accepts it.On the tests,it reads it as a bug so when I am want to switch between manual and automatic test I have to go to startup.txt to either delete or add a line space.This I feel wastes time.

Someone should please help me!

3 Likes

It just mean the title is too long, it count space as characters too, try this

*achievement weapon3 visible 10 The Swordsman

*achievement weapon3 visible 10 The Swordsman

4 Likes

I concur. The title needs to be short. As @CC_Hill said, The Swordsman is much shorter and still gets the point across (wait… was that a sword pun?)

Random test won’t pick it up unless the code actually encounters the achievement fulfillment. So while the chance is low, throughout those 1000 iterations I don’t think the code ever actually made that choice or just wasn’t able to follow it. Quick test I believe should have caught it. Odd.

4 Likes

Thanks it actually worked

1 Like

Randomtest actually caught it after buying the sword and after a few days of training.It is one of the easiest achievements to get.As for me I grade my achievements like this.

5-Unimportant
10-You need to use gold
15-Romance or other harder quests(will require either two or more stats)
20-Will require three or more stats
25-Quests harder than 20 points
30-Requires careful planning and more than five stats
35-A bit harder than 30 points
40-For finishing on a very hard difficulty
45-for finishing on the hardest difficulty
50-Hidden achievements(Hardest to get as it requires putting in lots of gold,time and sometimes decreasing other stats

2 Likes

Well let us know if you need help with anything else.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the @moderators.