September 2026 Writer Support Thread

Gosh, I adore Le Guin. Her anthropological, feminist writing guides my prose. I most enjoy The Left Hand of Darkness and this craft book! Wait, let me list more resources:

  • The Elements of Style by William Strunk Jr. and E. B. White.
  • Master Lists for Writers by Bryn Donovan.
  • Mastering Suspense, Structure, & Plot by Jane K. Cleland.
  • Romancing the Beat by Gwen Hayes.
  • World Building For Writers by Maya Linden.
  • 101 Worldbuilding Prompts by M. D. Presley.
  • Save the Cat! Writes A Novel by Jessica Brody.
  • The Fire in Fiction by Donald Maass.
  • The Conflict Thesaurus by Angela Ackerman & Becca Puglisi.
  • The 7 Book Red Sneaker Writers Book Series by William Bernhardt.
  • On Writing and Worldbuilding Volume I and Volume II by Timothy Hickson.

I’ve accrued a lot over a long time. Some books I prefer more than others; many are on sale for cheap or available through libraries. :slight_smile:

10 Likes