'Script error' on completing a scene

I’m well into developing my game (two chapters done and halfway through the third) and I’ve uploaded it on dropbox and sent it to a few friends of mine for them to test. One of them got a bug while playing the game (in Firefox) and I’ve managed to reproduce it. Basically I can’t progress AT ALL beyond a certain point in the game - it just says ‘script error’.
What am I doing wrong?

Link to game: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p8m8s0m1p1mvc9z/memento%20mori.zip

Which point would that be? It’s a little hard to guess/work out.
I got the occasional “can’t fall out of a *choice, please *goto or *finish” error, but no “script error”.

Right after finishing chapter 2.

“Error: chapter3 line 240: label ‘room106 gurney’ is not allowed to contain spaces”

Would that be the one?

Yeah, that fixed it, thanks :slight_smile:
While we’re at it do you mind telling me of any other errors you come across?

I got some missing variable errors (testing in the IDE), but I assume that’s because you’re using mygame.js as opposed to the *create command?

Only other error I got was:
“chapter1 line 38: It is illegal to fall in to an *else statement; you must *goto or *finish before the end of the indented block.”

And on a general feedback front, I died, a lot.
If you intended to make the game really hard/frustrating (think Dark Souls), then that’s absolutely fine, but I think the average reader will get quite annoyed with what you have currently. That aside I did actually quite liked the concept and the mechanics, keep it up :slight_smile:

To fix that error:

*choice
 #There's a row of names on a sliding-board, a list of doctors. Maybe someone who's working will be able to help you.
  You look at the list of doctors. None of them are marked as 'IN', and several of the letters are worn away. 
  *if (secrets > 0)
   One name catches your eye: \"Dr T------ X. B----------"\\. The initials are familiar even though most of the letters are worn away. Oh, well: maybe you should look around for something or someone else that may be helpful.
  *else
   Not much of use here. Oh, well: maybe you should look around for something or someone else that may be helpful. 
  *goto lobby1

Needs to be:

*choice
 #There's a row of names on a sliding-board, a list of doctors. Maybe someone who's working will be able to help you.
  You look at the list of doctors. None of them are marked as 'IN', and several of the letters are worn away. 
  *if (secrets > 0)
   One name catches your eye: \"Dr T------ X. B----------"\\. The initials are familiar even though most of the letters are worn away. Oh, well: maybe you should look around for something or someone else that may be helpful.
   *goto somewhere
  *else
   Not much of use here. Oh, well: maybe you should look around for something or someone else that may be helpful. 
  *goto lobby1

I actually plan to try and implement some form of autosave system eventually. I was looking at the one you came up with, earlier today. It’s definitely on the to-do list though. Along with a basic inventory system (one that just tells you what you have) and artwork for some stuff.