Ruler of the Red Empire

Chinese warriors all had long hair, because everyone did. But they all tied it up so that it doesn’t fly around and obscure their vision and stuff.

@ScarletGeisha, I said a lot, not none, and most warriors who had long hair kept it ‘tight’ most of the time, only letting it down when somewhere they felt relatively secure. It sounds like, in the Red Empire, having loose hair is the standard (just my interpretation of what we’ve seen so far).

One benefit to having short pages of text: you don’t have to scroll the page down to click through parts you’ve already read. Though, some of these pages are too short, which makes for unnecessary clicking.

The Spartans were famous for their long hair and spend the eve of the battle of Thermopylae doing their hair and that of their friends. Their hair was long because Lycurgus said that long hair adds beauty to a good face, and terror to an ugly one.

Sikhs are other famous warriors who never cut their hair, although they don’t wear it hanging free.

The vikings as well never cut their hair well on rare occasions. There owas once a Norse king who let his beard grow 10 years before he cut it

Actually, a lot of ancient warriors have long hair. The Romans, Shaolin monks, Japanese warrior monks and Edo-period samurai are the few exceptions I can think of off-hand.

*hang head and skitters out*

Roman was first true proffesional army in the western world. Of course they are. Question is dragon Knight a honor or postion of power or influnces?

@Rogar Romans were not the first professional army? They were probably the best at what they did, but the Zhou chinese dynasty, Greeks, and Egyptians all fielded large peasant/ slave army in the same structure of the romans. What set the Romans apart was weapon technology, better training, and tactical genius in its leaders.

As mean professional it was trues of profession as being lawyer statmen. It standard where truely untouch in it era Of compare to there counterparts. Another rome so famous western would the Empire last 2000 years. Of course the china last a lot longer.

It depends on how you define their reign. Do you count the Eastern and Western Roman Empires?

As for China, it is variable too. If you consider Han rule as true Chinese rule, then it has fallen twice already. First to the Mongolians and then to the Manchu who founded the Qing Dynasty. But most scholars consider Manchu as Chinese. Even so, there’s still the matter of the Mongolian Yuan Dynasty. Unless you also apply the modern assimilation of Mongolian peoples as one of the Chinese ethnic groups, then China has indeed never been conquered.

@Rogar: Dragon knight is a position of influence because everyone (up to the emperor) has to use a dragon knight if they want something from the dragons, as they tend to eat any other messengers. They don’t like to be disturbed by puny humans :slight_smile: . So dragon knight is like a very senior diplomat or intermediary.

The number of dragon knights is quite low.

Does anybody know of a better name for this? Silena doesn’t have knights in the medieval sense. But dragon speaker doesn’t sound quite right either.

@Reaperoa: Very long hair is a bother when you are engaged in physical activities, so of course people will pin it up or braid it when fighting, hunting or whatever. “Letting it all hang out” is for formal settings or when you are at leisure.

@HoraceTorys: I went a bit overboard with the page breaks.

@Roger Im sorry i dont understand what you mean by “lawyer statemen”? The Roman army consisted of slaves, and conscripts and had no real position in life past generals/ officers (in other words common troops didnt get to act cool).

And with China, its all subject to talk, scholars disagree all the time on who was “Chinese” and who wasn’t.

Ok question on the hair tho is there an option to have it short

I tried the game out and love it sooooo just ignore my last comment

@Bastiaan Dragon Warrior, Dragon Gaurdian (Gaurd for short, as they gaurd the peace with dragons), Dragon Touched (or just “the Touched”, and Wyrm Friend come to mind for me.
Personal favorite would be Dragon touched, and people refer to the as “the Touched” with a sense of awe. :slight_smile:

I think the touched sounds awesome but u could also call them draconian

Roman did not have slave army quite oppsite unless you where born right side of bed, milirary was few ways for a freemen to social progress in roman world. Even person of no name could aspire to being centurion. What ment by lawyer & statment by Third century in raw power the legion wield was power over shadowing everthings else in comparson use to aspired to jobs. Instead of dragon Knight, how about dragon chosen or dragon voice?

The early Roman army at the very least, was conscripted. Able men had to serve like a year (give or take a little bit) in the army, and slaves could be donated to the army as long as they could serve.

Just to nip this in the bud, you’re both right–to an extent. The very early army of the Roman Republic was indeed conscripted (indeed, the word ‘Legion’ is itself derived from a latin term meaning ‘to levy’), but after their victory over Carthage in the Second Punic War (201 BC - i.e. very early in Roman history, all considered) it did indeed become the first “professional” army in the western world, with volunteers recruited in Rome and paid as full-time soldiers to (initially) guard the new overseas territories captured from Carthage. By the late Republic (circa 30 BC) the bulk of the Roman military force was a standing army of professional soldiers signed up for 20 years, following which they usually received a grant of land on a frontier somewhere and were counted as Reservists for a further five years (i.e. still able to be called up if needed).