(Re)learning ChoiceScript with Implicit Control Flow

Yikes, that workaround with the repeated if statements was actively painful to read. You have my sympathies!

I read the post you linked:

… and with that alone, I think you’ve successfully convinced me ICF can be vastly more intuitive (and a major source of relief!) for non-programmers as well as programmers. wildelight seems downright thrilled about it here. :smiley:

What I wanted to communicate with my post was that a lack of ICF can be a hurdle during the initial learning curve for newcomers to ChoiceScript with a programming background, since programmers have certain expectations about how languages typically work. I was originally agnostic as to whether ICF is easier to use, less frustrating to use, or increases writer productivity for non-programmers after they’ve learned the basics of ChoiceScript, since I myself stopped using the language not that long after I learned it the first time around–I didn’t want to comment outside my realm of experience. But having seen wildelight’s reaction, I now think I probably would have preferred ICF if I’d been offered it.

As for the present-day SilasLock, they vastly prefer ICF. :grin:

1 Like