Question about badges on forums

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

@discobot start tutorial

@discobot fortune

2 Likes

:crystal_ball: My reply is no

4 Likes

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid. — Audre Lorde

You don’t need a new topic for this question. I don’t know why Discourse didn’t issue you the badge you want. Reply to this with the post where your 1000 click link is and your post with 50 likes and I’ll look at it and try to issue you the badge you want.

Sorry for that and thank you.

https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/lumen-homestead-wip-updated-nov-30/67087

The real answer as it turns out: badges don’t issue to posts in locked categories like Adult. We have to make changes to the back end of Discourse to make this work. I can’t just issue the badge to you.

Unfortunately, this requires someone other than me to fix and I’m sorry to tell you it’s fairly low priority/non-mission critical right now. We’ll try to get it done soon.

I posted my topic at the hosted games/works in progress category at first back in oct, then moved it in the adult section a month after and I didn’t get any badges then, even the 25 like badge.

But, I understand I just wanted to know. Thank you.

I don’t know what to tell you about the badges not being issued earlier, but after contacting Discourse support, they’ve made it clear that we really have no ability to issue badges for achievements in what they call “secure non-public categories.” Like Adult.

In their words: Badges are only awarded on public categories / topics and this is deeply embedded into the design.

As I said, I can’t speak to why a badge was not issued while your WIP was in a public category, but there’s nothing more I can do about it, unfortunately.

1 Like

Ya - nothing any of us can do about it :frowning:
Discourse is not my favorite back-end support … and I am leaving out a lot by saying that :slight_smile:

So do you lose trust by not being on for a long time or can you be permanently marked as untrusted?

Your user level is affected by your useage; yes you can go down in user level from inactivity

1 Like

Just something I thought I should mention to you as well Mary, it looks like badges you have on threads prior to being locked gets removed from your profile. I say this because I used to have alot of ‘nice reply’ badges and even got my first ‘good reply’ badge from threads discussing the Infinity Series. When @Zeroken09 mentioned his issue, I went to check my profile, just for curiosity and noticed both a decrease in number in my ‘nice reply’ badges and my ‘good reply’ badge gone. Once you mentioned about the badge not being issued on locked threads, I put 2 and 2 together.

I know, as you said, there’s nothing you can do on your end. Just thought it was worth bringing up to your attention.

1 Like

I’ve noticed that I still have the regular tag (badge? signifier?) even though I’m not a regular anymore, and I have no way of removing it or changing it in any of the preferences menus. Has anyone else noticed this issue?

Screenshot of Issue

Have you tried to check preferences > account > title?

I’ve checked but the option simply doesn’t show up for me?

Maybe it is hidden in mobile, might try to log in with a pc later.
But why am I getting a vibe that, you mean regular as not a trust level but in it’s real meaning. I should probably assume you know it already but, you might be fulfilling the requirements for regular trust level without being aware of it.
(3) Regular Trust Level

Also the 2-week grace period might be the reason behind?

I’ve tried it on the Desktop View mode and it still doesn’t show up. And I also haven’t been on the forums for about a year so I’m guessing it isn’t the two-week grace period for the Regular trust level :sweat_smile:

Anyway, it’s not actually a severely pressing issue for me but I don’t like misleading people or forum bugs. :sweat_smile:

1 Like