Price Increases

@ballmot
It’s more than just writing and research. Some of us are trying to make ends meet based on what we write. As a writer of fiction, I’d love to give away everything I’ve written for free.

However, last year, I wrote somewhere around 400k words of publishable prose. Personally, I’d like to think that those words and the way which they’re all strung together are of somewhat greater-than-execrable quality. Even so, in total, I made less in 2014 than someone who works full-time minimum wage (though granted, British Columbia’s minimum wage is comparatively generous). As another semi-starving university student living in what may be one of the most expensive cities on the planet, I have to welcome every development that leads to me getting more royalties, price-increases included, because otherwise, I’m not trying to make ends meet, I’m failing to make ends meet.

@FairyGodfeather
Have you considered buying tea bags in bulk (110 bags for $8 cdn here)? Or is there some sort of pan-Commonwealth law about buying supermarket tea that I’ve been in flagrant violation of for the past ten years?

10 Likes