My third game will be released next month, and I have gone from having no illustrations (Tokyo Wizard), to having ~20 (Highway Wars) to ~40 (Hero or Villain:Genesis). For my next game I am also planning to have illustrations and map of the fantasy world.
My question is… do people think this contributes to the game? Are you more likely to buy a game with illustrations in it?
- I’m more likely to buy a game with illustrations
- Having illustrations is great, but it’s not something I really take into account
- I’m indifferent to whether they are there or not
- I prefer that there are no illustrations. It detracts from the text. But, it won’t stop me buying the game
- I won’t buy any game with illustrations in it