Please help with continuity/stat error

@Samuel_H_Young I suppose. This isn’t really that far into the game. This is like pretty much a prologue. lol. It is just to build a background for your MC.

It’s the next scene that really gets the story started. Once I get that done (probably the day after tomorrow), I’ll add it to the demo I’ve posted.

These backgrounds are killer… All the *if statements I have to do just to keep it going down the right track. The finished game will probably be like 200,000 words total with each play through only having like 80,000. At least once I’ve finished the first few scenes it’ll all funnel into the same passages. That’s my plan anyway.

Okay, so I’ve decided to implement an “abilities” stat that tells you all of the abilities you’ve learned. I’m just not sure how I would go about coding this, as I don’t want them displayed unless you’ve learned them.

I don’t want it to be like this (if there were say 4 abilities total):

“(Ability 1): learned
(Ability 2): not learned
(Ability 3): not learned
(Ability 4): learned”

I want it to look like this:

“Abilities: (Ability 1), (Ability 4)”

Can this be done? If it can’t be done, then it’s not that big of a deal. I’d just set it up like the first example.

Code it using *if – if Ability 1 = “learned” then display the line below it, which says whatever you want people to see about that ability.

Thanks for the help, Havenstone.

Edit: stupid mistake. Sorry. Forget this comment. lmao I fixed it.

When I do a random test I get this error:

“line 423: Invalid expression at char 2, expected NUMBER, STRING, VAR or PARENTHETICAL, was: EQUALITY [=]”

The line it is referring to is " *set invisibility = true"

*choice
  #Learn to be one with the shadows. (Learn Sivni)
    *set invisibility = true
    *set magic +1
    *goto learn spell sivni

What the hell???

Wait… Oh I didn’t know it judges characters as strings, variables, etc… I see what I did. lol.

Also your labels have to be one word, I think. Is that what you were talking about?

You don’t need an equal sign when setting a boolean. As a rule, you only need to use them when you’re checking if a boolean is false or if another type of var is a specific number/string of text.

*if (boolean = false)
*if (number = 10)
*if (text = "hi")

To check if it’s true, just do this;

*if (boolean)

Also yeah, that label won’t work, set it to learn_spell_sivni instead.

No the label is fine. That wasn’t the problem. lol.

I just accidentally made it an equality. It wouldn’t read it.