OUT NOW! "Elite Status: Platinum Concierge"—Make billionaires' dreams come true!

Originally published at: Elite Status: Platinum Concierge—Make billionaires’ dreams come true! - Choice of Games LLC

We’re proud to announce that Elite Status: Platinum Concierge, the latest in our popular “Choice of Games” line of multiple-choice interactive-fiction games, is now available for Steam, Android, and on iOS in the “Choice of Games” app.

It’s 38% off until August 3rd!

How far would you go to make a billionaire’s dreams come true? Find the unfindable and do the impossible? It’s all in a day’s work for an employee of Platinum Concierge.

Elite Status: Platinum Concierge is a 500,000-word interactive contemporary drama by Emily Short, with additional content by Hannah Powell-Smith, where your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

Charter a helicopter on fifteen minutes’ notice to bypass LA rush-hour traffic? Transport a priceless emerald-and-diamond necklace across three continents? Arrange a candlelit dinner in a cave with waiters rappelling down the walls? No problem at all. You have your finger on the pulse of every brand, trend, and connection of the still-new 21st century.

But you also get to see the darkness behind the glitter: the excess, the waste, the callousness of the overly wealthy, the sacrifices that your colleagues make to help already-privileged people’s wishes come true.

As your slate of clients grows, you’ll need to bring every bit of professional skill that you’ve got. When clients’ requests take you close to the edge of legality—and sometimes, over it—will you still grant their wishes? Will you cover up your clients’ misdeeds, no matter how far they go? Will you try to convince them to walk a different path? Will you join them for the ride, basking in the luxury of their lifestyle—and possibly even becoming fabulously wealthy yourself? Will you help your fellow concierges rise along with you, or will you betray and undermine them at every turn?

What will you sacrifice to help your clients? How close will you get to them? How high will you climb in your own quest for wealth and power?

• Play as male, female, or nonbinary; gay, straight, or bi.
• Mingle with Hollywood stars, tech moguls, art connoisseurs, and more!
• Plug into an international network of fellow concierges. What secrets might you learn from them?
• Travel the globe in search of the most fabulous objects and experiences for your clients
• Stick to your principles and donate your fortune to good causes, or break every law and flee from the consequences
• Romance a rebellious trust-funder (whose mom just happens to be one of your most high-value clients), an idealistic journalist, an ambitious co-worker, a whimsical tech millionaire—or even your suave and experienced boss.

Remember, it’s your job to pull out all the stops and help every client achieve the perfect Elite Status.

We hope you enjoy playing Elite Status: Platinum Concierge. We encourage you to tell your friends about it, and recommend the game on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and other sites. Don’t forget: our initial download rate determines our ranking on the App Store. The more times you download in the first week, the better our games will rank.

30 Likes

Congrats to everyone involved with this game!

I am eagerly awaiting to play this when I can.

. :revolving_hearts:

4 Likes

Seems like content right up my alley, will check it out during August that’s for sure, that Hannah also left her mark on the product reassures me further of its quality.

1 Like

So excited to have this game released!

2 Likes

Is this the same world as Creme de la Creme?

No. It’s set in the real world.

1 Like

The primary author of the game is Emily Short (Emily Short - Wikipedia); Hannah Powell-Smith provided additional content in the completion of the game. So it was not chiefly written by the author of Creme de la Creme.

6 Likes

Yep, the vast majority of the design and writing is from Emily Short as well as the setting, plot and characters :slightly_smiling_face: I helped out with tweaking and expanding various things at the draft revision stage, and responding to feedback during beta.

It’s a huge, ambitious game with wildly different plots and tones depending on the paths taken. It was a fascinating experience and I was really pleased to be involved with it!

11 Likes

Ooooh, I was just wondering what to do this weekend…and now.I know! :heart: Congrats, can’t wait!!!

1 Like

I’ve never had a game ask about my religion before, and only once or twice had one ask about dietary restrictions. Very satisfying to be able to specify those.

5 Likes

I’m intrigued to see what people will think of this game. I was surprised how much I came to enjoy the characters. So many of them can be off-putting at first, with their vices and demanding eccentricities on full display, but then when you put in the time you discover there’s so much more beneath the surface.

There’s a touch of the uncanny to the setting: the story takes place in the real world, but a version of the real world as far removed from the reader’s daily experience as any fantasy. It’s a world where every whim is possible, yet it takes a toll on those who inhabit it, both the ultra-wealthy and those who make their lifestyles possible. Is there, in fact, anything money can’t buy? Are you willing to skirt the law - and your own sense of morality - to please a client? This game asks some hard questions, yet the narrator’s wry observations and sense of absurdity keep it from feeling too heavy.

4 Likes

I see that playing an older character locks you out of romancing Gabriella. Do the other romances have similar age or background requirements?

1 Like

I’m having trouble finding the romance scenes. I ended up dating Ax on one play through (not sure how, we had no romantic scenes together) and on my current play through im an unable to romance MJ.

2 Likes

Not only that. Gabriella will only date men and your MC has to be catholic. Don’t necessarily mind it, but a bit surprised to learn how specific she was.

Congrats on the release! Definitely charming so far.

In my experience so far, it doesn’t really feel like the most romance heavy scene story. Not really sure on MJ though.

I feel like it ended very quickly. I don’t know if on my first playthrough I just happened on a weirdly short path, but I finished up doing a tour of the world with Ax and MJ (I was really hoping I could set the two of them up. I get major enemies to lovers vibes from them) and all of a sudden years are passing by in a sort of epilogue and the game is over.

I’ll see if this feeling persists on a second playthrough.

3 Likes

Same here with struggling to romance MJ. Does anyone have advice?

1 Like

Did you get the promotion? I think it’s either necessary or helpful, if you want to romance MJ, to not get the promotion, so that instead of going off to work with Ax, you’re given more assignments with MJ.

1 Like

Wait, you can NOT get the promotion? I’ve just started my second playthrough and there are no options to say “Nah, I’m not ready for it at this point in my career” so I thought you were railroaded into getting it. If not being promoted was a legit playthrough I would much rather be able to choose it, rather than having to try and fail.

1 Like

Tbh I think MJ just doesn’t have anything romantic until possibly the very end? At least in my playthrough, if you’ve been supportive of her, you can run away with her when she gets into trouble. I haven’t been find any hints pre epilogue.

Did both get promotion and not promotion and tbh I do kinda wish there’s a choice to let F win it instead of competing with them.

Yes, it’s possible not to get the promotion. Felixity can get it, or Platt can hire someone outside the company to fill the role. In my experience, the promotion was fairly challenging to get, so when I didn’t want to go that route I just didn’t put much effort into it.

I sort of wished too that there was an option not to go for the promotion, but it’s so much a part of the plot of the first few chapters that I don’t see how it could be done.

2 Likes