Opinion about interspecies relationship

This Harkness? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Can you blame him? He does look super cute and sexy there. Which reminds me @Bacondoneright if there is gonna be a significant outfit change in Whiskey Four mine would like an outfit like that to hopefully get our ex lover all hot and bothered. :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

jack ā€œiā€™ll shag anything that walks and talksā€ harkness, yes :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

As long as my MC feels a connection to the other character, why not? Hell yeah, if alien sex is not supposed to be weird, I donā€™t know or care.

Both species sound very interesting. Iā€™m curious to see how youā€™ll make it work.

2 Likes

The main thing about messing with non humans in a sexual way is that they canā€™t consent. As long as the species is sentient and can consent clearly, There shouldnā€™t be a problem.

I donā€™t care for it. It just feels weird. Itā€™s awkward to read. Sorry.

1 Like

Iā€™d recommend having at least one human/humanoid romance option too, because there are definitely people whoā€™d be put off by them being too alien. But thereā€™s also people who will jump at the chance to have wacky alien sex/romance.

All in all, Iā€™d say go for it, thereā€™s enough human romances out there, give us something unique!

5 Likes

As someone who plays CRPGs and Mass Effect, I give a resounding, ā€œhell yeah, Iā€™d romance an alien in a heartbeat.ā€ Iā€™d romance an anthropomorphic animal, too.

As long as the species has enough sapience to understand what theyā€™re doing. Itā€™s important to make that distinction.

5 Likes

This. Yes. Iā€™m saying this as someone as a teenager at the time Mass Effect was released. I hadnā€™t ever considered interspecies romance with a very much not human-like character back thenā€¦ But then a wild Garrus Vakarian appeared, and I was pleasantly surprised at how much I grew to like him.

As long as the character is well written and both sides do consent to it I see no problem at all. Of course, it might not be everyoneā€™s cup of tea, but itā€™s not about that. I feel strongly that learning about each otherā€™s species bit by bit through the story so that IF the romance pans out it feels actually believable is important tho. You canā€™t consent to something you have no solid understanding of.

Bring on the weird very hot(to a weirdo like me) aliens

lookā€¦ iā€™m a certified monsterā€¦ enjoyer. My favourite ros in games are always the ones least human. Aliens (The yaujta/predators have a very special place in my heart), orcs, were-creatures, sentient blobs of flesh with multiple mouths and tentacles that sells honey and takes care of giant beesā€¦ eldritch horrors beyond our comprehension. Itā€™s all a solid yes from me.

2 Likes

i see you, fellow Nyargh enjoyer. good taste :relieved:

2 Likes

Well, as someone who wouldā€™ve hopped into the ME2 world just to get a piece of Thaneā€™s glorious assassin ass (that voice, God help me, that voiceā€¦), Iā€™m definitely not averse to human-alien relationships. Hell, I had a three hour conversation with a friend of mine about whether Thane and Garrus had snake or amphibian penises or not, and how they worked (looking that stuff up on the internet takes you to some very strange places). That saidā€¦

Yours sound a bit too alien for my tastes. If I have trouble picturing what gets stuck where and how my MC can make out with the alien without having half her face eaten off or cut beyond all recognition, I tend not to like it (as cool as Garrus is, how the hell do you kiss him without needing surgery,??). Same if I canā€™t picture the alien being anything but weird looking.

Though, I guess I could always make a MC that has the attitude of ā€œthey all look the same in the darkā€, which would be amusing. ā€œWait, no, not there. Ow, you made me a new hole! Shit, man, just lay there and let me figure it out!ā€

1 Like

Itā€™s really down to the setting and how you develop it. Anything is possible in fiction, characters can be desirous of whatever you want them to be. In a game, itā€™s really just about designing something that prompts the player to have an opinion on a given matter or care enough about the world youā€™ve built generally, even if they arenā€™t particularly enamored or interested in that element. The less you can make a player feel railroaded, the more theyā€™ll tend to flow with whatever youā€™re sending them.

3 Likes

i was actually wondering if anyone else wouldā€™ve picked up on who i was talking about lol :sweat_smile:

1 Like