Official artwork, Fan Art or imagination? A Poll!

Side note:
Why are all the warm-hot regions typically the most violent?
Never heard of an Eskimo war and the Vikings were just hungry (at first) lol

1 Like

Lot’s of our “businessmen” in Angola, even today. Zaire doesn’t exist anymore now, it’s back to being the Democratic Republic of the Congo now. It is certainly fucked up enough and one major city or another there is usually the right kind of hellscape to serve as a backdrop for the childhood of our mc in that game.

So @Interestedparty , maybe you’d like to weigh in here too?

1 Like

Oops
My geography is outdated.

I don’t have much I can add. If you’re asking about the MC’s backstory, that’s probably better discussed on the story’s thread

If you’re asking about geography, my geographical knowledge isn’t much better than Snoe’s.

2 Likes

This was more about geography,conflict, geopolitics and if you still want to stick with real countries or make one up for your work?

official art, fan-art, art in general is a beautiful thing and I don’t mind either of them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I prefer real world stories, but again this has its own topic

I find art interesting to look at, and it does help when forming a mental image of characters. No particular preference between official art and fan art

I prefer imagine everything and fuel the story with “the vast and unstoppable power of my imagination”

And sometimes the design for a character is a little… not what I had in mind… think that can ruin the story for me <w<

But please don’t mind me, this is only my opinion :slight_smile:

I love imagination and fan art but official art kills my idea of the character because it’s now official how they look.

1 Like

I voted for fan art.

I’ve ordered artwork once and then I made sure I gave the minimal directions so that the artist could use her imagination and intuition. I am very happy with the result.

I would love to see more of your games published, Sam.

I like both, but had to choose one :disappointed: so I went for official artwork. This is mostly because I like to compare the looks of the characters in my head to the ones the author has and see how close to the ball I was.

Fan art because everyone will have their own unique image of the character’s appearance and it’s enjoyable to see what they see

1 Like