Of Death and Beasts (Rework of "Of Beasts and Humans"). Update post 142, 1/18/2018

Considering this is an IF wouldnt that just be like dating a god? THE POWER.

3 Likes

though, the god is kind of broke :laughing:

2 Likes

Broke god is best god, look at Saint Young Men amirite.

Also, to help me figure out what’s up and what’s down, I decided to make a poll real quick.

Do you guys want me to keep Louizolette, the Narrator, as is, or change her around for less annoyances?

• Keep as is!
  • Change her

0 voters

A bit late on this one, but :clap: this one is in the house once again!

So anyways, I always found the narrator not particularly funny, but still amusing to read. I don’t care too strongly one way or another if it’s changed.

I half-skimmed, half-read the new content in the story but so far my favorite addition is the background on Acacia, Emsarious, and Laesarie. It provides some much needed context as to how, why, and what you (@Ledalla) were talking about with “one of the last peaceful human kingdoms.” Plus, I’m a history/geography geek so that always floats my boat. :nerd:

1 Like

I chose the Bow option when I was told to choose a weapon. It said I gave my bow a few good swings. I’m not expert or anything but i’m pretty sure you’re not suppose to swing a bow.

4 Likes

Technically, with the string off, you can use a longbow as a staff-like weapon in close combat.

Nonsense your supposed to cast swords swing bows and shoot fists and throw staffs

Though that was a good catch

4 Likes

In this game? I wouldn’t be surprised. :expressionless:

1 Like

@RagEgnite You’re in for a treat then, since when the plots starts rollin’ (And it won’t stop rollin’) there is a bunch of political bits and interactions between the three. Three major characters are the future leaders of the big three countries (PC is Acacia, Maristela is Emsarious and an even bigger spoiler is Laesarie). I didn’t say hot political funtimes for mere giggles.

As for the bow thing, my serious answer is that I’m still working on code and when I get *if statements down, I swear a lot of things will make a lot more sense. However, my more in-character answer would be that they actually

Shoot Swords, Throw Bows, Cast Fists and Swing Staffs. Simply because they can. This is monster world. They ain’t needing no real world rules

11 Likes

Loving the narrator! Didn’t really think of junko, but I guess I was doing a different aspect of her personality in my fanfics. But anyway, in love with the monster girls (can’t believe the sheep is a guy, ewww I was falling in love lol) can’t wait too see more and uncover the plot. Tho I would hope bouncing off our kidnappers chest would cause our character a bit more embarrassment, but other than that and the distinct lack of nosebleeds, I love it. First anime choice of game, awesome!

So I’m currently in the process of writing through Eldritch-sama/Selias’s introduction and I feel I’m getting a bit disillusioned with him right now. So I’ll put up a poll to see what the people think should happen with him.

Should I keep Eldritch-sama/Selias as a tentacle Lovecraftian monster or make him something else? For the tentacle jokes, they can always be given to others, so don’t worry about that.

• Keep
  • Change

0 voters

I swear this is the last poll…bump…thing. It’s just that I probably need help on this part into order to go through the rest of the things on the To-Do list. ((Also, there’s another side-project I’m working on that I posted that might intrigue people -pls I want to know if my efforts would be worth it-))

4 Likes

Honestly, I don’t think he’s nearly tentacly enough… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: He does feel rather similar to the lich/zombie guy, though.

New rule for Mr. Eldritch: Needs more tentacles. They are pure and wholesome, like potatoes.

And funnily enough, Lomew the zambie is his assisstant and Lomew’s arc is heavily tied to Selias/Eldritch-sama. Who woulda thunk

1 Like

Ideally, he would be less a person with a few tentacles, and more a writhing mass of tentacles, maybe in a lab coat with glasses.

I can’t believe that this game is back and I TAKE 21 DAYS TO REALIZE

Anyway is awesome, my day is just better now, not that it was bad before, but is better now :smile:

4 Likes

Ohh I think I know what are you going to do there.

Anyway, the demo is AWESOME!, so far this is the funniest thing I ever read. And those puns.

5 Likes

Nah I don’t really like nil at all, probably because I don’t know them well another to make a judgement.
(Man, I wish my gifs would work on my tablet)

1 Like

Thank you for all the sweet comments everyone! And @Xelam13 is at it with them memes, A++++ my dude.

I feel I should post this because it’s kind of important and might help bump the thread (I don’t want to really make another one for another update). So 1) College is murdering me because taking 16 credit hours is not smart. So updates are slowing up big time. 2) I might have accidentally screwed up the choicescript on my computer and now I can’t do randomtests. So in the next update, it probably might have a lot of coding errors, especially in newer and farther-along parts (like Eldritch/Lomew/ect) parts. When it gets put up, I apologize ahead of time and help pointing them out would be loooovely.

I just decided to put this simply because the delays and my intended schedule for the updates just got thrown out the window. So when people wonder if this is dead or not, it’s not. It’ll never die I swear on my laptop’s life. I’m trying my best ;~;

10 Likes

Haha i get you love it

@Ledalla do keep writing this and more funny things/scene/stuff whatever, love it

Don’t worry about little things like that! >w< we all know that you have a life behind the screen! And as I said before what are ya doing here is art! (No exaggerations were made that day)

Anyway take allll the time you need, a week, a month, a year, a decade, a century(I really hope not a century cause I may be dead and that stuff) but that. We your fans will wait here because we enjoy playing your book and we are grateful for you making such a great game

4 Likes