Odd quirks with randomtest

quick question is there anyway of jumping ahead when stepping or do i have to step through episodes 1 and 2 until i get to 3 each time?

You can turn the stepping function on and off at will, so you can play through normally until you get to the relevant passage. The Step function does need to be turned off at a *page_break or a *choice though, or you won’t be able to progress normally (so basically, it can be toggled on or off at the end of any game page). You could also put in a temporary *goto_scene labelname to get where you need to go.

Or you could try using CSIDE’s Console feature, which lets you jump to any given scene, and then to the relevant label, as long as that won’t interfere with your testing. (And you may know this already, but you can set variables with the Console too, so you can set it up if you’ll need particular variables to test for whatever’s going wrong.)

1 Like

I keep forgetting about the console thanks for reminding me.

1 Like

Add extra brackets here.
*if ((physical + werewolf_lore) >50)
Shouldn’t be necessary, but a good habit to have.

Otherwise, the code looks fine.

sigh typical choicescript, typical my stupidity. I’ve found the issue and its now flying through randomtest.

it looks like i missed an *else though done so much work on it i don’t know which one fixed it.

See this is why I tell people who are just starting to keep your code simple. or you try and do complex stuff and stumble with silly things like me lol

3 Likes

:kissing: ~ :notes:
whistling around

1 Like

It’s ironic because for the first time ever a randomtest has done 10,0000 iterations without an issue. Normally I had to split it into smaller batches otherwise it’d take too long and it would crash.