Newbie wondering about rules

I consider myself a long time fan of CoG. I’ve played at least around 80% of the CoG games and the hosted games. I wanted to try making my own choicescript game but I was hoping someone could send me a link to the rules. Ever since the site changed, I’ve had some trouble navigating (It looks a lot cleaner though :smile:) and I haven’t been able to find them here on the forums. Thank you for your time.

----------> Forum Rules
----------> Information about Publishing Games

Forum Rules in a nutshell:

1. Be civil.
  2. Contribute to the discussion.
  3. Criticize ideas, not people.
  4. See bad behaviour? Flag it, don’t respond.
  5. Don’t spam.
  6. Use your best judgement sharing interactive fiction containing adult/mature content. Administrators/Moderators get the final say in what is acceptable.
  7. Treat this discussion forum with the same respect you would a public park.

As far as making choicescript games goes, you’re pretty much allowed to write about anything you’d like, so long as the content remains within the boundaries of good taste.
That statement refers mainly to posting WiPs in the forums.

If you’re seeking to eventually publish your game, it’s best not to get too questionable with the material.

Good to have you on board.
No need to be shy; just hop right in! We’ll make room for ya. :smile:

2 Likes

That’s actually a good point about not being able to find the rules. Hey moderators, can we get the rules moved to a more obvious place? I know it’s under the “Welcome to the Forum” thing pinned to the front page, but maybe you can label it “btw the rules are here too”?

1 Like

@markamadeo Hello and Welcome to the forums!

@Mirabella I agree. I think it’s a problem that the link to the rules isn’t a huge READ THE RULES! stickied to the top of the main page (surrounded with glitter and flashing lights in type 100 text).

There’s actually a badge for reading the rules but we’ve only 202 members who’ve got that badge and it doesn’t look like it triggers for the faq link just for https://forum.choiceofgames.com/guidelines .

The Welcome to the Forums post isn’t the most obvious place to put the link. https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/welcome-to-the-choice-of-games-forum

It’s not up to the mods whether the rules are pinned on their own or not, unfortunately. And it’s not my place to change the titles of threads created by the Choice of Games owners. I sent them an email at the end of November about this (when the subject was last raised). I can’t recall if there was a reply or not or if it got lost in a sea of spam or what.

1 Like

@Packet thank you for the links. The “Information about Publishing Games” had the information that I was looking for.

@Mirabella & FairyGodfeather (new users can only mention two people sorry) Hey its probably just me. I was never the smartest guy on the block jaja. If I’m the first person asking I wouldn’t worry about trying to get anything changed.

edit: deleted stuff.

@markamadeo I think that’s a “contact choice of games” directly and ask them if it’s allowed. The support @ choiceofgames.com email address.

1 Like

@FairyGodfeather Thanks for the information!

203 now XD, I read that thing ages ago, guess it did not transfer with the new discuss forums, but yay new badge!

I am trying to delete this thread, but I wasn’t able to figure out how to do it. Can someone walk me through it? Thanks in advance.