Muse: A Life in the Sky

@Julian928
I’m gonna put in a vote for “Verne” as we’ll, mostly because it reminds me of “Jules Verne” :smiley:
Also if you do get round to reading it I’d like to hear your views on Dido - as opinions tend to vary quite widely when it comes to her

@Drazen
I’d also like to hear your opinion on Dido as well. When it comes to Virgil’s writing style I’d agree with you on that; however, two things to bear in mind:

1. He wrote it at least 20 centuries ago - so the writing style is archaic even by Renaissance/Reformation standards (bear in mind people like Plautus though puns were the highest form of wit imaginable)
  2. It’s called “Epic Poetry” for a reason - namely that this was written for the purpose of public oratory, as only the upper echelons of society could actually read

@Ajax Indeed, I’ll get around to it, though I have quite a few mandatory reads that I need to knock out first.

That’s two for Verne!
Gerald is floundering, as one more vote could cement it!

Also, as the two of you (@Ajax, @Drazen) have such polar views on literature, I wonder if you would each make up a personality --with no regard to gender-- of a character that you wouldn’t mind romancing! I probably won’t take it verbatim, but there may be some elements you will find familiar.

@Julian928
Alright then, bear in mind I’m heterosexual so I’m going to describe it in terms of a women for ease more than anything:

• In terms of character: intelligent, feisty/strong, (as I’m anticipating a military-esque setting) able to cut loose and have a bit of fun when prompted, easy to hold a conversation with and most importantly (this is more of a general note on characterisation) the idea that there are things that she’s not willing to share with our character unless you get closer to her - in other words an air of mystery, which would add to replayability as well.

• In terms of looks (hey, any input’s useful input :smiley: ) I’m pretty flexible though, I’m a fan of easy going, wake-up-in-the-morning-and-still-look-amazing, beauty - and either statuesque or petite in terms of body-type. But like I said I’m fairly flexible in that department - I’m one of those rare breed of guys that doesn’t seem to have a “type” in that respect per say.

@Ajax Ah, good good. A man not far from my own heart. I know exactly where I’m going to place this firecracker. Now it falls to @Drazen for a second. Or anybody who beats him to it!

I shall deal with Dido later, when I finish watching this film, @Ajax, - or tomorrow, more likely, due to the time.

Nevertheless, in terms of a romanceable personality, intelligence is always going to be a key factor, as any person who’s a mere “object” is impossible to respect. As such, they must have sufficient inclination to properly engage in conversation, and be wilful enough to have their own mind - 'Tis a true dullard who’s only interest is found in the trite. Moreover I’d rather they have what could perhaps be termed a macabre element to their nature. There is something about an optimistic persona which implies naivety, and a “free spirited” woman also tends to lack both dignity and a sense of justice and responsibility. So, yes, reservation would also be a desirable quality.

In terms of physical qualities, I frankly don’t give much of a damn. Objectively, I’d probably be more inclined towards a petite brunette than others, but such aspects count for little.

@Drazen
I can see where you’re coming from with the more “realistic” view of the world, I posses one myself, though when faced with impossible odds it’s always helpful to have someone who can be slightly optimistic and light hearted - it’s the ability to switch between the two attitudes with ease that I admire.

@Julian928
Always good to meet a man with good taste :wink:

So we have the lighter, more endearing sailor, and a hard-edged, ambitious officer. I think that will do a decent job of appealing to a large group of players. The two personalities should also clash quite violently!

Thank you @Ajax and @Drazen. Now it’s time to learn how to put a chapter on Dropbox for a mini-demo!

@Julian928
Is there a cat fight! Please let there be a cat fight! :smiley:

Also…*dignified_pause*…*clears_throat*…Gimme, gimme, gimme!

But @Ajax, think how crass that would be.

@Drazen
An “Easter Egg” then, c’mon you know it’d be funny :wink:

EDIT: @Julian928 In reference to one of you’re earlier comments: I’m more of an RPG man myself as well, the “Fallout” and “Mass Effect” series being my favourites so far, as they tend to have a bit more depth - but let us not forget the importance of a balanced palette :smiley:

@Ajax @Drazen I’m just tackin’ the @s wherever now. Since gender will be variable, it could be a cat fight, it could be a brawl, it could be a duel to the goddamn death! How do I put the game in Dropbox?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/139149963/web/mygame/index.html

Ooooh, I like the picture! Where’d you get it?

awesome!!!

'Tis miniscule, but something!

@fantom A gentleman by the name of Matt Coombe. I don’t actually have the rights to it, so it’s just a placeholder until my artist friend can work something up for me.

The bit of the game you have up is super fun. I can’t wait for more!

it looks awsome and i want more =P~

@Julian928
Nice way to sort out character creation, the natural introduction of the Badlands and Lumin works very well to explain the setting as a whole as well without to much actual “explanation”; in short, I like it so far - now just keep it coming and I’ll be more than happy :-bd

@KelaSaar @djma46 @Ajax I’m glad you all like it so far! I was somewhat stressed about getting the character creation process to seem natural, and it seems I have done it! I’ll probably have a second (far more eventful) chapter up by tonight. However, I’m preemptively going to say that the demo won’t ever include more than four or five chapters. After that point, I’ll pick out a few willing playtesters.