Monsters of New Haven High - last update 4/02

You’re so much of a non-conformist, you don’t even conform to the scale.

8 Likes

What’s even a conformist?

A conformist is someone who follows the crowd.

I’ve also had some stats go negative before. Academics when playing a demon for sure. I think some others too but don’t remember which ones off the top of my head.

Stats going negative and beyond 100 are possible,as far as I’m concerned.

It’s funny when that happens, but actually, it isn’t supposed to. :sweat_smile: Don’t worry too much about it, now that I know it’s happening I’ll take a run through and double check my stat capping commands. I must’ve missed a few. If you happen to remember when the stat went over 100 or under 0, please let me know.

It was near the end of the game, when I selected the “point out that you’re all probably in danger” option. I was playing as a demon.

Honestly…? That was freakin’ fun! This was a really intriguing demonstration, and it gave me just enough to latch onto. I can’t wait to see where this leads.

I was playing as both a werewolf and a succubus and meeting up with Chantal at lunch, and got this error:
line 258: no selectable options

The text before it was asking about the dance, and offering to help her with her grades. I don’t know if that will help narrow it down.

1 Like

Another small bit of fanart. I removed it earlier until the artist got it up on her devianart.

When I play as the succubus, I tend to go for a nerdy redhead (a holdover from an old Demon: the Fallen character.) The character on the right is just one of her harem.

This picture also takes a little liberty with the game lore. I know they don’t cast a demonic shadow, but I had that added mostly for people who don’t know the game.

I also tried to make sure I mentioned the work in progress in a couple replies :wink: Perhaps it might spur some interest.
http://lindaroze.deviantart.com/art/Commission-Succubus-after-School-617654982

16 Likes

I personally think that demons don’t have blood, so it would be like a meat-loving person eating a salad. (Not very filling and not very tasty.)

I don’t know if your going to do it but it would be cool with some species if there were flashbacks like with the demon and the wendigo.

What about a Pookia? A fae shapeshifter with three forms. (An animal form, a human form, and a fae hybrid form) A fun fact about Pookias is that when they are being watched they can’t change their form. The animal is set from birth. And it does have an effect on their personality and their style of dress. (Cat Pookia are like cats in their personality, and they wear skin-tight clothes.)

2 Likes

Sounds interesting, like the sound of Pookia

Pookia is a funny name.

Pookia.

Just from the name alone,I want this monster to be added to the game.

1 Like

Hey, aren’t five types of monsters in the game enough for you lot? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But seriously, while it sounds like a fun monster to add please keep in mind that the author will actually have to try and get this game finished at some point in time. Adding even more monsters isn’t exactly going to help with that. Maybe it can be released later on as an IAP or something. I thought Sashira was already considering something like that for a couple of monster types.

12 Likes

Pookia? Maybe that is an alternate form, usually the spelling I see is Pooka (thanks to White Wolf’s Changeling game), though there are also Púca or Phooka.

I do agree with @Cecilia_Rosewood that while more monster types would be nice, it may be better for an expansion, or a game set in the same universe.

2 Likes

Or someone could steal it for their own story :smirk:
Don’t worry I won’t, I don’t think…I will see.

It was my understanding that the core game is pretty much decided upon - the werewolf, vampire, etc. What the suggestions were (except mine ofc) for was dlc for added replay value that would be funded expansion - something akin to what @JimD had done with Zombie Exodus.

Besides, inspiration can strike from many places, who’s to say @Sashira won’t find my “older sister” monster or the Pooka monster inspirational in one form or another? :eyes:

There is a constant theme to some of your remarks lately; care to share what’s wrong in PM?

2 Likes

Nope nothing wrong, no need to PM, just being my happy self who is spending 2 hours a day writing a story :smile:

1 Like