Mass Mother Murderer (renamed to The Pernicious Panacea)

I understand what you’re saying. I feel sad for and hate the MC at the same time. When I started the game I did want him to be able to escape and evade capture too, but as it goes on I’ve come to believe that even if he is successful in killing his mother, he’ll continue killing others and never truly be at the peace that he seeks. In my opinion, it’s better for him, and for others, if he dies; or at least, is captured and confined for lifetime.

5 Likes

Continuity error:Edina is thirty-three in the stat page but is celebrating her thirty-fifth birthday?

Typo's

Back

Abduct

Unbearable

1 Like

@soprano
Thanks for your thoughts and for pointing out those typos.

@VainCorsair
Thanks, I’ll fix those. Tbh, I can’t decide whether Edina should be 33 or 35. I want her young enough for it to be fucked up so either one works. :confused:

@anon79137543
I’m so fond of the MC that they’ll be in a trilogy. :wink: But why are you calling them “it”? XD

Also…“adbuct” o___o do I win an award for the most hideous typos?

6 Likes

Compromise, make her 34

Well you spelled it correctly a paragraph or two onwards so… yeah, you’ll get special mentions at the award ceremony at least.

10 Likes

@Samuel_H_Young
In chapter 7.

At this point, you don’t even give a shit of you’re late for work.

If

He rolls his eyes and adds self-depracatingly, "obviously, all of this has been fucking with me, too.

Capitalise the bolded word.

She grabs onto your sleave, perhaps for comfort.

Sleeve

2 Likes

@Samuel_H_Young
Spelling error in chapter 7.

You glance down ate the board, suddenly feelig uncomfortable with your past few moves.

Feeling, at

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll fix all of those tonight. That’s what happens when I write 4k words in one day. :sweat_smile:

Also, I’m gonna be increasing all the stat checks in Chapter 7 by 5 points. I hadn’t realized they were so easy.

9 Likes

I think the ones that are at 20 are fine. My highest stat was charisma at 58 and only two at 20. I have a couple that are almost 20, but other than that most are fairly low. If it’s raised then there is no option to raise anything other than charisma for me, which then kind of pigeonholes my options.

1 Like

Hmm, I’ll experiment a little and see what the maxes can be. I want stat checks to be neither too easy or too difficult, and sometimes that’s tricky to do.

1 Like

Well, it depends what you’re looking for. In a rational sense, the world would absolutely be a better place without the MC. As far as I can tell, there’s no redemption possible for them, in that it’s not something they want. They want to kill their mother, and I suspect that once that is done, they would definitely keep killing - in a way, Edina is the final thing holding the MC back, literally the only person in the world that the MC fears. Once she is dead, we are looking at an already confirmed serial killer without any fear in the world and no sense of morality to hold them back- fun time for everyone involved, I’m sure.

That being said, in this particular story, yes, I do want them to succeed, and keep being an horrible person. Basically, I do wish for the possibility to have their own, insanely twisted version of an happy ending, ‘and they killed happily ever after’, possibly after leaving only ashes behind, because that game is oddly cathartic in that way.

Seriously, this game kind of scares me. During the last update, I thought to myself “hmm, I could see the MC giving their last prisoner a chance to struggle, just for sport” and this update comes and that’s exactly what happens.

6 Likes

You all are pretty perceptive. :slight_smile: A powerful, ambitious, and then fearless serial killer definitely wouldn’t settle down for a quiet life after the biggest victory they’ve ever had.

Also, I’ve completed the two magical options when dealing with Stefen.

5 Likes

So, I just started watching Bates Motel and it reminded me of how a couple people have said that Edina reminds them of Norma. I’m two episodes in and I can already see some similarities. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Loved the update (as I always do) still gives me the shivers though :grimacing:

1 Like

This is tame compared to what’s coming. :innocent:

8 Likes

Did you hear me gulp just now?

4 Likes

I can tell I’m going to have so much fun at the ending that I’m starting to scare myself. Lol

4 Likes

I’m actually so excited to get to the batshit crazy climax that I’ve been trying to write 2k words a day, haha.

7 Likes

@Samuel_H_Young
In the option: “With an evil grin and a pulse of magic, you summon your specter.”

The weak, frail, old spirit that you’ve made your slave might be powerful

Might not

Stefen takes one look art the specter

At

Don’t you know what to do to you now?

I’ll

3 Likes

@Samuel_H_Young
Spelling error in the option: Outright violence against your murder victim’s brother would be perhaps a bit brazen, even for you. Threats and intimidation, however, allways have their place.

Always

2 Likes

What I really like is that you all seem to either accept or fully embrace the fact that MMM’s MC is fairly defined, especially compared to most CoG MCs, including the ones in my other stories. I think this is the best way to tell a story like this, and the fact that you all support it is really encouraging. :slight_smile:

12 Likes