Just a boring celebration

I have no idea if this is where I’m supposed to post this but…

I believe I’m getting the hang of this whole C-Script thing. I made a lot of nested dialogue with roughly 18 indent spaces for most of the deepest ones (I really wish there was an easier way to do this ;-; ) and a whopping 24 for the deepest (it’s an outlier) without making an error.

Achievement Unlocked:
A C C O M P L I S H M E N T

This comes because I just recently started teaching someone else C-Script and I noticed that a lot of my answers to their questions came pretty second-nature to me. It’s just interesting to see how far skills I use have grown since I first began.

And for the folks out there struggling with their first game…

It gets easier, you’ll have fun. Stick with it.

10 Likes

Woohoo! Congratulations! :slight_smile: And thanks for sharing the encouragement for others.

1 Like

Congrats, @RascaldeesV2 .

In the future, the monthly Writer Support thread might be a good place for these types of posts. Many people support each other in their efforts in that thread. It is always good to know you aren’t alone in your writing journey.

4 Likes

Thanks Eiwynn. Hell, I think you’re the first person I met when I got here a long time ago. How you been?

1 Like

Here is a status update post I made a couple of days ago:

My efforts to complete this pass of chapter four will go right down to the wire… but I can truly say I am very happy with the changes made so far, and am looking forward to see how readers react to everything new.

2 Likes

Good to hear that you’re doing well. I’m definitely doing. That’s about all I can say right now.