Is it possible to have more than one input_number on a page?

OK, I’m probably being overly ambitious for a first game here, but I always “go big or go home” :slight_smile: . Anyway, I’m setting up a store in my home village where the pc can buy or sell items. I’ve got the items set up in the startup file, and I know that’s working because when you tell the shopkeeper that you want to sell all of your items it lists off how much of what you have. Since I have a total of four different item types the pc can sell (so far!), I have a choice to sell some of each item, not all of them. I put in a separate input_number line for each item type. It runs fine, the problem is that you have to click through four different pages to sell your stuff. If there any way to have all four lines just show up on one page instead of one line, next button…next line, next button etc.? It’s ok if there’s no way to do it, I’m just trying to make it feel more convenient for the players.

Thank you!
Lessa

1 Like

I don’t think that’s possible, but you can just ask the player what item they want to sell instead of going through every item (like you would do with buying).

Something like this:

*label sell
What do you want to sell?
*choice
	#Item 1
		*input_number amount 0 item_1
		*set item_1 -amount
		*goto sell
	#Item 2
		*input_number amount 0 item_2
		*set item_2 -amount
		*goto sell
	#Item 3
		*input_number amount 0 item_3
		*set item_3 -amount
		*goto sell
	#Item 4
		*input_number amount 0 item_4
		*set item_4 -amount
		*goto sell

Just in case you didn’t know, you can set the maximum amount to sell the same variable as the item so you can avoid selling more than what you have. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thank you @Franzinyte. I’ll work with that and see what happens.

1 Like