Imminent Threat WIP (Updated 5/26/17)

This looks like a really promising wip

2 Likes

UPDATE 5/15/17, Version 0.2a

Hey y’all! Sorry about the quiet! I’ve been busy with my AP tests for school and just dealt with a death in the family. I’ve still been working on Imminent Threat whenever I get the chance, though! I hope y’all are still just as excited as I am!

So, small update. I fixed some grammar issues, addressed some of the concerns y’all had, added a little bit of content, stuff like that.

Let me know what y’all think! The demo is in the first post, as per usual.

10 Likes

found an error, (prologue line 239: It is illegal to fall in to an *else statement; you must *goto or *finish before the end of the indented block.)

1 Like

Definitely wasn’t expecting an in-depth character customization like the one you provided. The appeal mechanic is also very unique, and in my opinion is more realistic in terms of real life romance then what many games on this website provide.

That said though, I wish to see more of the actual story first before I comment on how the game is so far. Good first impression, though. :grin:

4 Likes

What kind of accent is “youse” and “privy”? Honestly the first time I’m hearing these words.

Excellent WIP btw. Really looking forward to it :smiley:

1 Like

Isn’t that Australian? I can’t really be sure myself! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s not Australian. Possibly an old fashioned Philly accent. I’ll try to look it up.

1 Like

I’ll let y’all figure out the accent :wink:

It took some research on my part.

Oh my lord you got cinnamon rolls.

Best game. 10/10.

6 Likes

Toughness

2 Likes

Youse is northeastern US. Privy is any colony the belonged to Britain pretty much.

1 Like

Ha! so basically an outdated Yankee accent

3 Likes

Y’all got me. :joy:

I have a friend whose dad speaks like that.

“Youse” is also apparently common in Ireland, as well as some english decolonized areas of the world, according to some dialect studies.

2 Likes

I ran into some sort of glitch while playing (The option highlighted is the one I chose)

1 Like

Ok I keep running into this problem and it’s really annoying

I’ll fix it as soon as I get access to my computer

You actually reached the end of the demo for now, @PhoebePeak

Oh, ok! That’s a really short demo. X3

1 Like

Yup! :sweat_smile:

As soon as school’s out I plan on making it way longer, way faster. :grin:

1 Like

@CowboyHooah My most splendid regards to you, mate! Your writing is captivating, thought-provoking, and smooth, the customization is satisfying, and the overall concept is just plain cool as all hell! I absolutely cannot wait for more! That was the most impressive and promising little demo I’ve played in a good while, and there isn’t even any action! Kudos to you, my talented friend. I shall set this thread to be Tracked. Will be keeping my eye on it for some time!

1 Like

@Voldy
Thank you so so much! :smiley:

Your kind words mean a ton!

1 Like