Im new and stuck with an error

but in your free time you 
*choice
  *selectable_if (charm > 10) #Took trade routes to other settlements. You became quite good at talking to the other merchants and getting what you wanted. 
    *set charm +10 
    *set inteligence +5
    *set jobsell 1
    Ro trusted you to carry his goods along with the trade caravans to other settlements while he held down his shop back in Copper Bay. You saw many new places along your journey's and before long became aquanted to the landscape. The other settlements didn't know you, so for one of the few moments of your life you got used to being called by your first name rather than 'outsider.' During trade missions you bartered for numerous goods and even came across some new broken Former tech. 
    *page_break
    *goto q4
  *selectable_if (strength > 10) #Joined the guard and became a defender. Outside the occasional pack of wild dogs, your job was relatively quiet.
    *set strength +10 
    *set dexterity +5
    *set spear +1
    *set jobguard 1
    You had what it took to put your life on the line for Copper Bay. They gave everyone who didn't have one their own spear, but any weapon already possessed by a guardsman was allowed. You patrolled the wall, and through various skirmishes you felt you skills in combat evolve. Over time, less people were willing to call the one who protected their families an 'outsider.'
    *page_break
    *goto q4  
  *selectable_if (dexterity > 10) #Joined the Hunter's Guild. You were widely regarded as one of Copper Bay's best shot before long. 
    *set dexterity +10 
    *set strength +5
    *set jobhunt 1 
    Copper Bay needed food and you had the bow to provide. Thanks to Ro helping you develope a keen eye along with your natural skill with a bow, what normally took a whole hunting party to bring down, you accompolished by yourself. Over time people were less willing to call the one bringing them so much food, an 'outsider.'
    *page_break
    *goto q4 
  *selectable_if (inteligence > 10) #Continued looking at that disc as well as other Former tech. You kept convincing Ro to try and let you figure out the mystery behind them...
    *set inteligence +10 
    *set charm +5 
    *set jobinvent 1
    You had so many questions and far fewer answers. What did this do? Why did it turn green in your hands? What happend to the Formers? Where did they go? You stay up late some nights trying your hardest to come up with answers. You tried having other people hold the disc, and sure enough the light remained red for everyone but you. You messsed with various Former tech over the months trying to form a better understanding, but to no avail. 
    *page_break
    *goto q4

*label q4

Hmm… try clicking the </> button before you paste your code. For now, it’s hard to read your code :point_up_2:t4:

i just added the indentions i saw that

ok i actually fixed it this time

1 Like

I noticed that all of the options require the player to have at least one stat that’s above 10. Is there any chance that the player doesn’t fulfill this requirement?

no I made sure that previous stat choices ensured the player always has at least one option open.

the code worked fine as I have a whole chapter behind it. It got messed up when i tried to make a scene transition in between.

Hmm…
So you got the error when you click the NEXT button in-game?

But anyway, what does the bug report tells you? And if you don’t mind, can I see the line-code indicated on the report?

yes the error occurs when you click next.
17 line 161: Expected choice body
i looked in my code where it says the problem is and it’s in the middle of a text body so that doesn’t make any sense

I’m not sure but have you tried removing the *page_break?

The game breaks the page when you select a choice anyway, so you don’t have to do that. Maybe try moving the page_break after *label q4?

I removed the break from each choice and placed it after *label q4 but i still get the error message.

I can select any #choice but afterwards i cannot click next.

I tried running it and i think it may be some indent error.

I adapted your code using TABs instead of spaces and i got it running for me, try it:

but in your free time you 
*choice
	*selectable_if (charm > 10) #Took trade routes to other settlements. You became quite good at talking to the other merchants and getting what you wanted. 
		*set charm +10 
		*set inteligence +5
		*set jobsell 1
		Ro trusted you to carry his goods along with the trade caravans to other settlements while he held down his shop back in Copper Bay. You saw many new places along your journey's and before long became aquanted to the landscape. The other settlements didn't know you, so for one of the few moments of your life you got used to being called by your first name rather than 'outsider.' During trade missions you bartered for numerous goods and even came across some new broken Former tech. 
		*page_break
		*goto q4
	*selectable_if (strength > 10) #Joined the guard and became a defender. Outside the occasional pack of wild dogs, your job was relatively quiet.
		*set strength +10 
		*set dexterity +5
		*set spear +1
		*set jobguard 1
		You had what it took to put your life on the line for Copper Bay. They gave everyone who didn't have one their own spear, but any weapon already possessed by a guardsman was allowed. You patrolled the wall, and through various skirmishes you felt you skills in combat evolve. Over time, less people were willing to call the one who protected their families an 'outsider.'
		*page_break
		*goto q4  
	*selectable_if (dexterity > 10) #Joined the Hunter's Guild. You were widely regarded as one of Copper Bay's best shot before long. 
		*set dexterity +10 
		*set strength +5
		*set jobhunt 1 
		Copper Bay needed food and you had the bow to provide. Thanks to Ro helping you develope a keen eye along with your natural skill with a bow, what normally took a whole hunting party to bring down, you accompolished by yourself. Over time people were less willing to call the one bringing them so much food, an 'outsider.'
		*page_break
		*goto q4 
	*selectable_if (inteligence > 10) #Continued looking at that disc as well as other Former tech. You kept convincing Ro to try and let you figure out the mystery behind them...
		*set inteligence +10 
		*set charm +5 
		*set jobinvent 1
		You had so many questions and far fewer answers. What did this do? Why did it turn green in your hands? What happend to the Formers? Where did they go? You stay up late some nights trying your hardest to come up with answers. You tried having other people hold the disc, and sure enough the light remained red for everyone but you. You messsed with various Former tech over the months trying to form a better understanding, but to no avail. 
		*page_break
		*goto q4

*label q4
1 Like

The problem causing your error messages may be in a different section of code.

I copy-pasted the code sample you provided into a new startup.txt file, and everything worked correctly. You mentioned that the error message explicitly called out line 161. What does line 161 actually say?

Hey the tab trick worked! Thank you everyone!